PDA

View Full Version : Digital camera help!

Westsider3
22-Jun-11, 11:51
I am looking to buy a new digital camera but I'd like one that is good to take photos of my girls with. The one I have seems to take ages to take the photo and usually I just get the back of their heads as they run off!! I'd like one that takes more or less instantly and gives a good finish. Can anyone recommend one? Thank you!

thebigman
22-Jun-11, 12:17
This might help - http://www.cameras.co.uk/html/shutter-lag-comparisons.cfm

Westsider3
22-Jun-11, 12:27
Thank you, I've had a quick look but will take a closer look later when I get peace!!

bcsman
22-Jun-11, 16:56
when taking a photo with a digital camera you have to press the button half way down so that the camera focuses on the subject,then once the camera has focused press the button all the way down and the camera will take the picture instantly.

I am looking to buy a new digital camera but I'd like one that is good to take photos of my girls with. The one I have seems to take ages to take the photo and usually I just get the back of their heads as they run off!! I'd like one that takes more or less instantly and gives a good finish. Can anyone recommend one? Thank you!

orkneycadian
25-Jun-11, 23:46
I am looking to buy a new digital camera but I'd like one that is good to take photos of my girls with.

Never heard of one that is specifically good to take pictures of girls with. :)

bcsman
26-Jun-11, 00:29
please,just get on it,the faster the better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPt066UQovs

Never heard of one that is specifically good to take pictures of girls with. :)

David Banks
26-Jun-11, 11:40
Recently got myself a DSLR camera, and was able to reuse two lenses from my quite old film camera - so only had to buy the camera body. It has a setting for taking kids in motion and worked very well. They were jumpimg off their swings, and I was able to catch them in the air. In my case, I got a Pentax model K-x, but I have heard that Olympus have similar features.

Good luck.

Stefan
26-Jun-11, 12:31
a very important factor is the memory card, if you have a slow one it doesn't matter how fast the camera can shoot the pictures, if it can't store them. SanDisk Extreme III are usually my first choice. If you see a camera you like look up reviews in google and see what it says about how fast it can store pictures.