PDA

View Full Version : Getting off with it lightly

Tugmistress
24-May-11, 09:08
from what i can tell, we were near the centre of the low pressure going through yesterday and today and haven't suffered as much damage as further south of us! been looking at the bbc website and saw that edinburger airport lost a bit of roof cladding, yacht blown ashore at fort william, various trees down across the whole of scotland nearly and sadly that included one death when one tree crushed a car :(

hopefully all of us up here have got away with only minor damage and the inconvenience of that spell of lost power last night :)

veekay
24-May-11, 10:20
Putting it all in perspective Tugmistress good on you.

Liz
24-May-11, 13:05
Yes it wasn't nice but we certainly did get off lightly and so sad to hear of the death.:(
Also seeing the devastation after the tornado in Missouri put our storm into perspective.

Any crumbs of comfort for us re the weather Tuggs? The forecast for Thursday isn't looking good?:confused

Tugmistress
24-May-11, 21:24
sorry for the late reply, i've been out at keiss trying to sort the weather station out there :( not gone as well as i hoped but at least it sort of working, i think the computer needs someone to sort it out though now lol .....
anyway, thursday is not looking good at all i'm afraid but at least the wind will be hardly noticeable tomorrow compared to today lol it's going to be wet later on tomorrow and wet again thursday, sorry

Liz
24-May-11, 23:18
No apology needed hun. Afraid I can't help you with the computer.

Ah well will just have to make the most of tomorrow then. :(