PDA

View Full Version : Me and My Opinions...

RockChick84
13-Sep-06, 09:57
Do you ever get really angry inside when someone says that because you are Scottish you must be a drunk, tight-fisted, violent, arrogant or rude? Do you ever get offended deeply when a man says that because you're a woman you are the weaker sex and incapable of certain simple tasks? Or when a woman says that all men are cheaters, liars and sexist? Well I get offended when people say things about blondes. Nobody has the guts to stand up to the people who take a dig at blondes and I made a stand and am sticking to it. If it offends me then so be it. Most of you don't understand because it's not about something to do with you personally. I was bullied for years at school because of my hair colour and it's stuck with me, everyday singing Barbie Girl to me, calling me names and messing my hair up. Even today I get people presuming things about me because of it and was picked on at a past job by a group of the men because of it. I'm not stupid and I'm not prepared to sit back and let people think that because of my hair colour. It might be light-hearted jokes to you but nobody likes to be seen as a joke figure and as someone who wants to be taken seriously, I will not bow down to the stereotype and play ditzy to be seen as "cute" or "funny".

newpark
13-Sep-06, 10:06
I do not want to start a fight I am just expressing my opinion.
I was teased for being fat, some people are teased for wearing glasses, some are teased for their race. I dont believe that people can get through their whole life without being teased for something. Just be gald for you it is only the colour of your hair. It's sad but true but some people are teased for being handicapped which is awful and this is something they cannot help or change. I am also sure in your life you have told a joke which goes against something. YOu just need to chill out it is only hair the same as with me it is only fat. Dosn't change who you are or what you are like unless you let it.

Jeid
13-Sep-06, 10:06
No offense at all here, but perhaps you're taking things a little bit seriously. The blonde joke thread was started light heartedly. I understand since you were bullied at school, that you find it offensive. You do however, have the option of not visiting that thread.

Unfortunately, the world we live in is full of presumptions... it's a shame that in modern society books are still judged by their cover. If you fit into non of the stereotypical categories... then why bother fighting it. Just get on with your life. Who cares what people think... really?

People seem to think they know everything about everything/everyone.

I have 16mm holes in my ears(by choice) and when people see it, they seem to think I'm either 1. very weird or 2. gay. I'm neither(well, maybe slightly weird... thought I'd say it before anyone else did!) but I couldn't care. It's who I am, It's part of me. The only opinions that I actually care about, are the opinions of people I care about.

You're making yourself an easy target for some people by reacting.

Dreadnought
13-Sep-06, 10:15
Oh puh-lease! Try living in Essex with all the Essex jokes. :roll:

It is ridiculous to claim 'offense' at one type of joke, but laugh at other jokes, because ALL jokes revolve around there being a 'loser/winner' or a 'stupid/clever' person/animal/whatever.
Can you honestly say you have never, ever, not once in your life laughed at a joke at someone else's expense?

They are jokes. Life is too short to waste time getting stressed about them.

henry20
13-Sep-06, 10:23
I've got to agree with Jeid. By all means RockChick, stand up for yourself, but do not criticise people for having a sense of humour.

I am a blonde and do not take offense at blonde jokes - I actually find them amusing. No, I was never bullied for being blonde, but you are allowing yourself to be victimised by rising to it. Had you said nothing, the Blonde joke thread would have fizzled out.

As with Newpark, I was bullied for being fat - looking back at the pictures, I wasn't actually fat, but was always made to feel it. In High School, I still got bullied for being fat - and the person who made the cruelist (sorry can't spell it) dig at me for being fat was in fact a lot fatter than me and still is.

You have to accept yourself for who you are and be proud of the person you are - anyone that is worth having in your life will not judge you on your appearance and they are the people that matter.

You can only be a victim if you allow yourself to be.

But also, don't take non-personal comments or jokes personally. Life is too short.

Lolabelle
13-Sep-06, 10:24
Do you ever get really angry inside when someone says that because you are Scottish you must be a drunk, tight-fisted, violent, arrogant or rude? Do you ever get offended deeply when a man says that because you're a woman you are the weaker sex and incapable of certain simple tasks? Or when a woman says that all men are cheaters, liars and sexist? Well I get offended when people say things about blondes. Nobody has the guts to stand up to the people who take a dig at blondes and I made a stand and am sticking to it. If it offends me then so be it. Most of you don't understand because it's not about something to do with you personally. I was bullied for years at school because of my hair colour and it's stuck with me, everyday singing Barbie Girl to me, calling me names and messing my hair up. Even today I get people presuming things about me because of it and was picked on at a past job by a group of the men because of it. I'm not stupid and I'm not prepared to sit back and let people think that because of my hair colour. It might be light-hearted jokes to you but nobody likes to be seen as a joke figure and as someone who wants to be taken seriously, I will not bow down to the stereotype and play ditzy to be seen as "cute" or "funny".

I can understand how you feel, about being teased and everything, but your an adult now aren't you? I am a fat, christian belly dancer. I get flak for being fat, christian and a belly dancer. So what. The only thing I don't want to be known as is a mean and nasty person, if someone has an opinion of me as a loser weakling because I need a crutch like religion or god, so be it, I have coped plenty over the years, I have people accuse me of everything from judging them to being falsely accused of being dishonest in a work situation. Some people simply hated me because I had changed from a drug taking, drinking smoking person to a christian????? So I think I can understand where you are coming from. But don't get lost in defending your blondness and forget that most people care more about the kind of person you are than the colour of your hair or your getting irate about every blond comment and joke. They are after all jokes, and any one who actually believes that blond means stupid is more ridiculous that any of the jokes. Cheer up love, we know you're no dummy, just a bit sensative about blond jokes.

mostlyharmless
13-Sep-06, 10:41
Was it Billy Connolly who said 'the only people that you can pick on now are white heterosexual males... not that I'm wholly behind Billy Connolly but I think he has a point.

saffy100
13-Sep-06, 11:45
Hi Rockchick,

Let us not forget that the joke thread that has started this upset was actually started by you, and it was at the expense of Irish people....so, where do we draw the line?

Cheers
Saffy100

henry20
13-Sep-06, 12:22
Sorry, I have to defend RockChick here - the Joke Thread was actually started by Ann - in defence of blondes and at the expense of irish.

However it was entitled A Blonde Joke and if RockChick felt Blonde Jokes are offensive, she could have avoided the thread altogether.

cuddlepop
13-Sep-06, 12:27
If you see a thread and dont like it dont open it.Rockchick your being hyper sensitive.its a joke thread not a personel attack on blondes:roll:

saffy100
13-Sep-06, 12:40
Sorry, I have to defend RockChick here - the Joke Thread was actually started by Ann - in defence of blondes and at the expense of irish.

However it was entitled A Blonde Joke and if RockChick felt Blonde Jokes are offensive, she could have avoided the thread altogether.

Hi Rockchick / henry

Apologies to you, i did'nt double check and get my facts right.
My reasoning is still the same though.

cheers
Saffy100

dragonfly
13-Sep-06, 13:33
Most of you don't understand because it's not about something to do with you personally

its not about you personally either, its about hair colour or the size of someone or their nationality or their religion or......need I go on - 90% of the country would fall into one of these categories!

Its not personnal, its a joke and maybe because you are being overly sensitive you are giving off signals which those who like to make others feel inadequate, will pick up on
Even today I get people presuming things about me because of it and was picked on at a past job by a group of the men because of it.

Fraid that stuff happens, just got to rise above it and turn the other cheek :confused

pultneytooner
13-Sep-06, 13:39
The scottish thing is a recurring theme in soapland, we need a wifebeating, alchoholic, drug using, thug hey let's get a scot to play the role, more fool them but they need the money.[evil]
Stereo-typical rubbish.

henry20
13-Sep-06, 13:40
Hi Rockchick / henry

Apologies to you, i did'nt double check and get my facts right.

No apology required to me saffy100, but thanks anyway.

Bingobabe
13-Sep-06, 14:39
Frist can i say Rockchick why do you think the blonde joke thread was directed at you. For one im blonde and probarly there are alot more blondes on the org than you know about.

I really think you should relax and stop taking things quite so personally it,s a joke!!!!!!!!!!!! But you seem to bring this subject up quite alot i was bullied extremely badly in the school about a number of diffirent things and sometimes hit quite badly so you dont see me going round harping on about it. You really should try and put your past behind you and get on with things thats life a cold hard part of it.

Life is precious and you dont want to grow old being bitter so trying laughing it will do you the world of good.:Razz

Tickle
13-Sep-06, 15:15
Chill out. Blonde jokes are not personally directed at you, you are hyper sensitive. Mostly everyone recieves some sort of bullying throughout their school life. We grow older and deal with it and get on with life.
There is many a Scot's joke around, many an English and so on. You don't see any orger's start a thread moaning about it.
Grow up, that's life.:roll:

sam
13-Sep-06, 15:33
most people get teased at some point in their lives, and sadly some even get bullied, but dont you think rockchick84 that if you hadnt gone in to anne's thread about blonde jokes ( which was about taking the proverbial out of the irish and NOT blondes),that it would just of fizzled out.
yet you made such a big issue out of people telling blonde jokes that you just gave them the encouragement to keep on posting them,
i dont see you making any mention of the fact that the irish were getting jokes made about them so i pressume you think that is ok.[disgust]

scrapydoo
13-Sep-06, 15:33
For what i have seen on the blonde jokes thread you are totally over reacting , No one on the joke thread aimed any blonde jokes at you, and if you wish to take it personally then thats your choice .:roll:
If you go on and on about it of course people will try to get a rise out of you . From what i can see you are the only one who goes off on one everytime blonde jokes are mentioned! My advice would be to get over it because it's getting really boring. :eek:

sam
13-Sep-06, 15:37
well said scrappydoo, couldnt agree more

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-Sep-06, 15:42
Blonde jokes are cool,so are bald headed jokes.Humour makes the world go round.

Ah to be a 6ft 3, bald chill fae Ayrshire.Wait a minute.......I am!!!:lol: :lol:

sam
13-Sep-06, 15:48
Blonde jokes are cool,so are bald headed jokes.Humour makes the world go round.

Ah to be a 6ft 3, bald chill fae Ayrshire.Wait a minute.......I am!!!

well said baldy :Razz :lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-Sep-06, 15:53
well said baldy :Razz :lol:

Bald and proud.Cheers Sam....hee-hee

sam
13-Sep-06, 15:54
Bald and proud.Cheers Sam....hee-hee

nowt wrong wi being bald, just think of it as being a solar panel for a sex machine :roll: :lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-Sep-06, 15:57
nowt wrong wi being bald, just think of it as being a solar panel for a sex machine :roll: :lol:

Oh I do ma pal,i do......hee-hee

henry20
13-Sep-06, 16:03
Oh I do ma pal,i do......hee-hee

Does the other half? :lol:

Ojibwa
13-Sep-06, 16:05
Was it Billy Connolly who said 'the only people that you can pick on now are white heterosexual males... not that I'm wholly behind Billy Connolly but I think he has a point.

I remember Billy Connolly saying this, I also recall him saying that funny is funny, it doesn't matter if it makes you laugh. I agree with this to a certain extent, just because you laugh at a blond, Irish, Scottish, etc etc joke doesn't mean you have anything against that particular group.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-Sep-06, 16:06
Does the other half? :lol:

Naw henry20,she thinks its aw in ma imagination!!!!:lol:

henry20
13-Sep-06, 16:09
Naw henry20,she thinks its aw in ma imagination!!!!:lol:

Maybe she has a point :lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-Sep-06, 16:14
Billy Connolly has the skill of telling a story but making it sound hilarious.He has put his foot in it over the years,but which comedian hasn't.All jokes are meant to be jokes,if ye find it funny ye laugh,if ye don't then ye won't laugh.

Heard that Billy had done a sketch on incontinence pants.Thought he had finally crossed the mark.Saw the sketch and nearly pee'd laughing.....pardon the pun.He would never tell a blonde jolk he's married to one.

Who am I Kiddin',aye he would.:lol: :lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-Sep-06, 16:16
Maybe she has a point :lol:

LMAO....:lol:

angela5
13-Sep-06, 16:47
:eek: How many red-head, Brunette jokes are around? God forbid! if they all felt the way you do we would see an influx of threads created by offended people. Which luckily we don't, as most people have a sense of humour.

elaine
13-Sep-06, 17:02
Crikey! Aren't some people easily offended?

Rockchick, I can't help thinking that perhaps you get a hard time at work because you seem to suffer from an irrational red-mist rage upon hearing blonde jokes (I think the condition is called "Chiponurshoulderitis")

The people at my work would also mercilessly slag me if I couldn't take a joke - not because they want to pick on me personally, but because it is great fun to watch someone get their knickers in a twist for no reason!! Or maybe that's just my work?

You are a prime target if you are easily wound up and have no sense of humour about this - get one, soon, or else you will always be picked on purely for entertainment value. Don't give the wind-up merchants at work the satisfaction of knowing they have rattled you. And next time the red mist comes try not to worry your pretty little blonde head about those horrid meanies.

HEE HEE sorry couldn't resist it!

Piglet
13-Sep-06, 17:29
:eek: How many red-head, Brunette jokes are around? God forbid! if they all felt the way you do we would see an influx of threads created by offended people. Which luckily we don't, as most people have a sense of humour.

Sorry but i have to agree here.
Life is too short not to laugh. :roll:

caithnessboyagee
13-Sep-06, 17:43
For what i have seen on the blonde jokes thread you are totally over reacting , No one on the joke thread aimed any blonde jokes at you, and if you wish to take it personally then thats your choice .:roll:
If you go on and on about it of course people will try to get a rise out of you . From what i can see you are the only one who goes off on one everytime blonde jokes are mentioned! My advice would be to get over it because it's getting really boring. :eek:Well said scrapydoo and rockchick please don't pm me with your annoyance if you dont like it dont look

wilma
13-Sep-06, 18:11

Are you having a bad hair day rockchick84 or should that be everyday!![lol]

caithnessboyagee
13-Sep-06, 18:38
We all have our own opinion but this over a blonde joke ??????? well it is a joke why don't you live a little rock chick you might just like it .

Naefearjustbeer
13-Sep-06, 21:48
Touchy touchy, I wish I had hair to be teased about. Blond would be fine but I dont think it would go with my ginger stubble. MAybe I should grow my facial hair and wrap it up over my bald head. Now that would be pretty cool :lol:

connieb19
13-Sep-06, 21:50
I wish my really curly hair would be a bit straighter sometimes.:roll:

Naefearjustbeer
13-Sep-06, 21:52
self moderated ;)

Lolabelle
14-Sep-06, 05:22
You know what is funny? I have just realised I have blond hair!!!
I have only recently started dying it blond to blend with my newly aquired "natural blond streaks" {aka ~ grey} and still think of myself as a brunette. But should anyone meet me now they may think I am blond.

Right! That's it, no more blond jokes! LOL [lol]

oldmarine
14-Sep-06, 20:16
I remember years ago when Polish jokes wqere floating around. They were all an attempt to make Polish people look dumb. I'm not Polish descent but I thought those jokes were wrong and incorrect.

[disgust] [evil]

_Ju_
14-Sep-06, 23:10
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone (can't remember where I read this)

maverick
14-Sep-06, 23:33
I dont think that any person with any reason really believes that blondes are stupid. I suspect that every time you hear or read a blonde joke you probably have lived it a thousand times and by the time your posting it on the forum it must really be a sensitive issue for you. What you have to understand here is that these jokes that are posted on the org are not directed personally at you, most people probably dont know who rockchick84 is let alone that you are fair haired. I think your probably wearing your heart on your sleeve in this case. Maybe if you were to try and read the jokes again and this time let them fly right by you and try to see the funny side, i know that people with sensitive issues have to sometimes confront their demons and some can come out the other end renewed.....