PDA

View Full Version : Bush's Propaganda Tour ( A Joke)

futurelegends
11-Sep-06, 21:39
During a propaganda tour, President Bush visits a school to explain his politics to kids. He invites the kids to ask him questions. Bobby stands up and tells him "Mr. President, I got 3 questions":

1. How come, that although the count of votes was not in your favor, you still won the election?

2. Why do you want to attack Iraq without an imminent reason?

3. Don't you also consider the bombing of Hiroshima the biggest terrorist attack of all times?

Before the president can answer, the recess bell rings, and the kids leave the room. After they came back, Bush invited them again to ask questions. Joey stands up and tells him "Mr. President, I got 5 questions":

1. How come, that although the count of votes was not in your favor, you still won the election?

2. Why do you want to attack Iraq without an imminent reason?

3. Don't you also consider the bombing of Hiroshima the biggest terrorist attack of all times?

4. Why did the recess bell ring 20 minutes early?

5. Where's Bobby?

brokencross
12-Sep-06, 07:31
Like that a lot.

oldmarine
13-Sep-06, 04:05
During a propaganda tour, President Bush visits a school to explain his politics to kids. He invites the kids to ask him questions.

Although I realize this is a joke, I believe I am qualified to answer question 3.
I served in the Pacific Theatre of Operations during WWII. I spent three years fighting the Japanese Empire all the way from Guadalcanal to the battle for Okinawa. The closer we got to the Japanese homeland the harder they fought. Iwo Jima and Okinawa (the last two battles in the Pacific) were considered the most difficult to win. When the first A-bomb was dropped the Japanese Empire showed no interest in surrendering. When the 2nd A-bomb (our last bomb in our arsenal) was dropped that convinced the Emperor and most Japanese to surrender. Except the Japanese military (the War Lords) wanted to continue the fighting. Fortunately the Emperor was considered a God-like figure and most of Japan honored him and over ruled the War Lords. Later many of my countrymen saw the defences with which the Japanese would use to repel we invaders and stated that it would have been the bloodiest battle of the Pacific with an estimated million American casualties and even more Japanese (old men, women, and children casualties). A couple of generations later came up with the theory that we had the war won without dropping the two A-bombs. However many like me who were involved in that war disagree with this theory. We believed then and we still believe that those two A-bombs ended the war with a lot less casualties than we would have suffered otherwise to end the war. Take it from one who was there - this 81 year old Marine who fought the enemy all the way through the Pacific.