PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Rob Gibson MSP

secrets in symmetry
08-May-11, 12:41
Congratulations to Rob Gibson, MSP for the constituency of Caithness, Sutherland and Ross!

There have been a lot of threads on the election results and their consequences, but I don't think any thread has been created to congratulate Rob. I have no idea whether he looks at the forum - if he doesn't, could someone suggest that he does?

Corrie 3
08-May-11, 12:51
I congratulated Rob in another thread and also thanked all the people who voted for him to make this an historic day indeed. No longer have the LibDems got a stranglehold on Caithness which can only be good for our area !!
I am delighted Rob won but also surprised because I never thought that the people of Caithness would ever wake from their slumber and vote SNP but it happened and it happened with an unbelievable majority!!!
Well done Rob and well done the SNP !!!

C3.....:);)

Hoida
08-May-11, 13:05
Yes I have to agree Well done Rob Gibson and the SNP. He was the only person who bothered to visit small rural communities and definitely deserved the support. Maybe others did canvas in this area but we never saw them. Rob Gibsons supporters put in a power of work and well done to them also.

iain
08-May-11, 14:26
Well done to Rob and the rest of the party.

jacktar
08-May-11, 14:50
Ross? Never heard of such a place.

pmcd
08-May-11, 16:27
Agree with Hoida. Rob came to our village, and we had a chat in our garden. He was personable, pleasant, responsive and balanced. He spoke with authority and without bombast. It was like seeing a reliable old friend, and there was an instant response by head and heart. He managed all that in just a few minutes.

I have to say his Conservative candidate was also very pleasant.

I guess it would have been nice to see the Lib Dem candidate.

I felt "my" village was safer not to have had the Labour candidate inflicted on us, trying to peddle non-existent policies and run by a coterie of slavering crypto-communists.

All in all, I kept an open mind, and voted for Rob. He deserved it!