PDA

View Full Version : witnesses wanted

katarina
04-May-11, 21:11
My thirteen year old grandson who has asperger's syndrom was walking home after visiting his mother in hospital. He took a short cut down the steps beside the Riverside nursing home. Three young MEN, he thought in their twenties, brandishing an empty wiskey bottle, started to shout abuse at him. He ignored them as he has been taught to do, then one punched him in the face. His Cheek is all swollen. He ran to Haldane's where he phoned his dad.
Two of the thugs wore ranger's tops. this happened between four and half past this afternoon, wednesday.
That would have been traumatic enough for any child, but for a child on the autistic spectrum it is severely traumatic. He cannot understand why someone wouldhit him for nothing, and is now refusing to walk to school alone. He had been doing so well too. The police have been informed. so if anyone can identify those thugs (they had local accents) please contact the police. It might be your child next.

equusdriving
04-May-11, 21:37
I hope the lad is ok now, and the lowlife cowards are caught and held responsible for their dispicable behaviour.
COME ON EVERYONE SURELY SOMEONE KNOWS THESE IDIOTS

Camra
04-May-11, 21:39
Hope the local CCTV identifies these thugs and police nail the lowlife. I noticed a prison sentence was handed out to someone who used abusive language to minors in todays courier.

brandy
04-May-11, 21:55
i saw three guys matching that description today while leaving piano lesson with ben.. it would have been about 4:15 or so .. they were going thru argyle square.. jumping on each others backs and rough housing.. one (the largest one i think) was carrying a big bottle.. and i think he was dark headed and a bit scruffy.. the other two..were a bit fairer .. but the one was def. dark haired with a hard looking face.. i only saw them for a moment.. but surely they will be on cctv somewhere.

The Music Monster
04-May-11, 22:17
i saw three guys matching that description today while leaving piano lesson with ben.. it would have been about 4:15 or so .. they were going thru argyle square.. jumping on each others backs and rough housing.. one (the largest one i think) was carrying a big bottle.. and i think he was dark headed and a bit scruffy.. the other two..were a bit fairer .. but the one was def. dark haired with a hard looking face.. i only saw them for a moment.. but surely they will be on cctv somewhere.

Argyle Square has CCTV - I don't know who stores the images though, probably the council. I hope they get caught - this sort of thing make me really angry[evil]!!!

Beat Bug
04-May-11, 22:21
I do hope they catch those responsible and punish them, and that your grandson can get on with his life without lasting effects.

Whitewater
04-May-11, 22:43
Very sorry to hear what has happened to your grandson, I'm afraid I am of no use to you at that time of day, but I go dog walking every morning and return via these steps. The back door to Sasa's pub is located beside the steps. It might be worth asking him if he had anyone matching that discription in the pub during the afternoon, they may have slipped out for a smoke.

Kevin Milkins
04-May-11, 23:08
I'm sorry to hear of your strife, katarina and hope your Grandson makes a speedy recovery from this episode.

Thankfully, this type of behavour seems rare in Wick and I hope the law pulls out all the stops to find and deal with these people.

It must be a very testing time for you all.

Bazeye
05-May-11, 01:43
Scumbags........

katarina
05-May-11, 09:00
thankfully the guy who hit him has now been charged. thanks to all who replied. At least this should help my grandson move on some.

equusdriving
05-May-11, 10:19
thankfully the guy who hit him has now been charged. thanks to all who replied. At least this should help my grandson move on some.

Thats great to hear

starfish
05-May-11, 10:34
thats good hope he is dealt with harshly and make a example to other youngest that we will not tolerate this in wick

Hoida
05-May-11, 11:27
It shouldn't be tolerated anywhere. This must be a terrible knock to your grandsons confidence katarina I hope he is alright xx

shazzap
05-May-11, 11:52

Good............

jings00
05-May-11, 13:58

good, i hope your grandson recovers okay too.

cherokee
05-May-11, 13:59
Really glad to know that this thug has been caught (:)) and I sincerely hope that he is dealt with severely ! [disgust]

Also hope that your grandson can get over this and move on with his life, my best wishes to you katarina and your family X

Bazeye
05-May-11, 15:02
Really glad to know that this thug has been caught (:)) and I sincerely hope that he is dealt with severely ! [disgust]

So do I, but dont hold your breath.

katarina
05-May-11, 16:15
If he only gets a slap on the wrist it won't do my grandsons confidence any good. Thanks for all your concern.

caithnesslad
05-May-11, 18:22
Thats shocking to anyone let alone a kid with the problem mentioned as i know a kid with the same thing i don't know how anyone could do such a thing, I'd say name and shame.

cuddlepop
06-May-11, 13:19
I hope your grandson gets the support he needs to move on from this.

Its good that they've caught this guy who punched him and that he's been charged,so soon after the event.

Whats so difficult for people like your grandson to understand is that he done what he was told but was still punched,so what does he do next time?

I have no answeres to this dilema only empathy for this one.:~(

CLARABEL
06-May-11, 13:33
I am so sorry to hear about what happened. This town is getting worse with thugs and criminals and unfortunately IMO they get off far too lightly. I am glad in this case the person in question has been caught and charged and I hope for once, he gets the punishment he deserves.

I also wish your grandson well and hope he regains his confidence and can move on in time.

Bazeye
07-May-11, 02:25
I am so sorry to hear about what happened. This town is getting worse with thugs and criminals and unfortunately IMO they get off far too lightly. .

Not just in your opinion.

stiggy
07-May-11, 10:59
So glad he has been caught and charged heres hoping he gets put away, no one Especially children should have to put up with this type of action.

binnes
07-May-11, 11:22
Sorry to hear this has happened but glad they have been caught. Fingers crossed for a harsh penalty.

katarina
08-May-11, 20:22
"We now know the name of the guy who punched him, but I'll probably be banned if
i name and shame him.

shazzap
08-May-11, 21:05
"We now know the name of the guy who punched him, but I'll probably be banned if
i name and shame him.

If this is going to court. I would wait on the out come of that first. Bloody cowards, want hanging. I can't stand bullies. my OH, when he has found himself in the situation were there is more then one. Always sees to the one with the biggest mouth first. I am saying your son would in any way be able to do this. I'm just trying to get across. how bullies behave and want dealing with. If i had been going by whilst this was going on, i would have had to intervene, even now, and i am disabled.