PDA

View Full Version : Dunbar dental clinic

poppett
04-May-11, 18:57
Well the lovely extension has been finished in keeping with the original hospital, but the dental unit is still in a caravan.

Today I was told the new premises are to be rented or leased to a private practice who may/may not accept any NHS patients.

When this extension was planned was it not to accommodate the huge number of local people on the ever increasing waiting list for the NHS?

This has taken stupidity to the extreme, IMHO.

NickInTheNorth
04-May-11, 19:04
Hi Poppet, could that just be the usual rumour factory working overtime, the following is a press release from the principal contractor:

Dunbar Hospital, Thurso Dental Project
Thurso is identified as having a significant shortfall in the availability of NHS dental care. Capital funding was awarded to provide dental premises on the existing site at Dunbar Hospital with a commitment to provide up to 6,000 additional NHS dental registrations.
RD Health will provide a fit for purpose dental facility incorporating:
• 4 dental surgeries
• A 2-room LDU and associated facilities
• A PDU / non-clinical consulting room
• X-ray facilities, including digital radiography
• Reception, administration area, waiting room and patient facilities
• Office accommodation for senior staff
• Records, equipment and supplies storage
• Staff welfare facilities including staff room, lockers, changing rooms and toilets
• Support functions such as Domestic Services Rooms and plant.
• Sufficient car parking for staff and patients.

poppett
04-May-11, 19:19
I enquired today when attending as a patient where my next appointment would be and was told it was unlikely to be at Dunbar and the reasons why. This is from staff who work in the existing dental unit.

I do so hope they are wrong and the purpose built is put to its proper use in the NHS patient sector.

lindsaymcc
09-May-11, 16:37
Ive just had a phone call from the dental team to try and cancel (for the 4th time) my daughters appointment next week. The reason...... patients are currently being transfered to the new dental clinic at Dunbar.

Unfortunately, they are having to honour the appointment given as I am not happy with one of her teeth that they previously "sorted".

Does anyone actually know for definate whats going on with the new clinic? If one person is being told they wont be seen at Dunbar for the reasons stated above, and I am being told that they are cancelling standing appointments due to the "changeover"..... something isnt right!

Brodar
09-May-11, 17:38
My boys had an appointment in April that was cancelled as they are only doing emergencies just now with the change over and i was told a new appointment will be out in the post for July for the new clinic. They will see my boys if they have any problems in the mean time.

rs 2k
09-May-11, 17:47
I am just back from lochshell dentist, due to an emergency appointment and i asked about the dunbar dentist and the dentist told me, they have a private dentist but r struggling to get an NHS dentist :confused