PDA

View Full Version : Earthquakes

bekisman
01-May-11, 23:13
Just a thought before hitting the hay, but just been watching a documentary on Current TV about Earthquakes, it was mentioned in passing by a scientist that there are approximately 41,000 Earthquakes per day.. not believing this I checked and it's true! - OK not all big ones of course, but what a trembling planet we live on!

"In one day there are approximately 41,000 earthquakes generated in the world and most people are unaware of this fact."

http://sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/200015/000020001500A0438096.php

ducati
01-May-11, 23:16
The only thing surprising in this post is that you watch Current TV. I have a spare tinfoil hat I'll drop it in next time I'm passing [lol]

bekisman
02-May-11, 08:59
The only thing surprising in this post is that you watch Current TV. I have a spare tinfoil hat I'll drop it in next time I'm passing [lol]

Calm down dear, it was whilst channel hopping; caught the arse end...

George Brims
03-May-11, 18:39
caught the arse end...
I did that the other day on the corner of the kitchen work top. Still got the bruise.

bekisman
03-May-11, 19:23
I did that the other day on the corner of the kitchen work top. Still got the bruise.
Yea, but bet you can't change channels with it!

pmcd
03-May-11, 19:45
My household is proof that a cat can change channels by settling its rump on the remote. Scarily, usually at the cliffhanger moment, or the punchline of the joke.......

ducati
03-May-11, 20:35
My household is proof that a cat can change channels by settling its rump on the remote. Scarily, usually at the cliffhanger moment, or the punchline of the joke.......

My cat can typoiuoouhdsfwfshiouhewqwehiuhiuhqwohhaoshousahohs aig0u-i[sd[[sd[ppo ollocks!