PDA

View Full Version : Killer Whales

Seabird
30-Apr-11, 18:56
6 killer Whales heading West Forss report received at 6pm Saturday 30th.
Kas is trying to Follow.

Kas watched them pass Melvich reported fantstic view.. now at Strathy message received at 21.10hrs Orca approacing Strathy,
Number now thought to be 9-10 Orca.
Colin
Caithness-sea-watching

tippytoes
30-Apr-11, 22:52
I saw them passing between John O' Groats and Stroma last year. An amazing sight I wll never forget.

kas
01-May-11, 03:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UoFWDQ4uyE

Footage of them attacking a seal at Strathy point. I have no idea what happened to the seal as the whales moved on quite quickly. (It takes almost a minute before the action, the seal is struck at 1.01 and better views of the whales are about 1.30 onwards)

We spent the evening tracking the 9-10 Killer Whales which we initially saw in the distance from Ushat head between Brimms and Crosskirk. They came within twenty to thirty feet of the shore at Portskerra Harbour then again at Strathy point.

rich62_uk
01-May-11, 07:57
That was AMAZING .... Thank you.

seaNNN
01-May-11, 15:49
Killer whales are class lek ih

kas
01-May-11, 17:06
Cheers Rich.

Seabird has just sent a text to say that 7 Killer whales were seen by the North Coast Explorer at 2pm this afternoon on the North side of Stroma.

Its all go.

nirofo
01-May-11, 17:24
Great stuff Kas.

nirofo.

dafi
01-May-11, 20:11
Exellent film Kas....well done!!

kas
01-May-11, 23:17
Thanks for the kind comments

Saw 2 in Dunnet bay with the telescope this evening. Distant views so I went to the Dunnet/ Brough area to try and relocate them but failed. I came back to Scrabster at 9pm only to find 6-7 cruising the rocks off of Murkle.

Did anyone else see them?