PDA

View Full Version : Puffins

Sniperama
26-Apr-11, 20:46
anybody know were i could get some nice photos of a puffins i dont mind traveling

cherokee
27-Apr-11, 07:42
The cliffs between the lighthouse and the Stacks of Duncansby near John O' Groats, would be a good place to try. I've seen quite a lot there over the years.

Kenn
27-Apr-11, 10:31
Clett Rock, Drumholistan ,it's about a half mile walk from the main road but there were no Puffins there a week ago although they should arrive very shortly, Dunnet Head is another good place, go to the view point just below the car park and look towards the west.

kara
28-Apr-11, 08:16
Where is Clett Rock, Drumholistan ???

cazmanian_minx
28-Apr-11, 12:03
Follow the A836 out through Reay and park at the layby on the Caithness - Sutherland border. Walk straight out to the coast and you'll see a pointy rock with loads of puffin burrows on it. Walking down the left side of the gully gives you an easier walk out (there's a track), walking down the right side will get you closer to the puffins.

kas
01-May-11, 10:14
A mass movement was recorded on the 25th at Duncansby Head and they were bacl along along the coast this week. So whilst the Royal wedding was on I was half hanging off a cliff trying to get some photos.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f170/kasm/Pufcopy.jpg

They are so funny

Carole
01-May-11, 12:13
Brilliant pic kas. Thanks for sharing.

Liz
01-May-11, 13:19
What a great photo Kas! :)

bekisman
01-May-11, 21:44
Follow the A836 out through Reay and park at the layby on the Caithness - Sutherland border. Walk straight out to the coast and you'll see a pointy rock with loads of puffin burrows on it. Walking down the left side of the gully gives you an easier walk out (there's a track), walking down the right side will get you closer to the puffins.

You're right - had some friends yesterday go look and they saw 'em..