PDA

View Full Version : TV/FIlms

stevep
07-Sep-06, 22:41
Does anyone know of any tv programmes or films that have been made in the Caithness area?

Saveman
07-Sep-06, 22:47
A program called "Coast" was on t'other day....all about Bettyhill and Dounreay...BBC2

Sorry thats probably not much help....:p

brokencross
08-Sep-06, 09:08
There was a documentary on Channel Four a while ago about the fishing industry and that featured the Boy Andrew and suchlike.

Billy Connolly also visited Caithness on his tour of Scotland shown on BBC

riggerboy
08-Sep-06, 09:50
Does anyone know of any tv programmes or films that have been made in the Caithness area?

the atomic dream all about dounreay

bky
08-Sep-06, 12:06
there was a film about football sure titchy hughes was in it - but i canna mind what it was called

scorrie
08-Sep-06, 12:58
there was a film about football sure titchy hughes was in it - but i canna mind what it was called

I think that was called The Gift and was from around 1989 or so. If I recall correctly Jim Baxter had a brief appearance near the end.

pops
08-Sep-06, 14:56
There was that programme Sunday Service (i think it may have been called) was filmed once in Thurso with children from the local schools singing

Fran
09-Sep-06, 02:14
A few years ago "songs of praise" was recorded at wick Old Parish Church.

Lavenderblue2
09-Sep-06, 14:28
What about 'The Silver Darlings' that was filmed in Caithness.

LB

badger
09-Sep-06, 18:54
A few years ago "songs of praise" was recorded at wick Old Parish Church.

Hey Fran - did you miss the Songs of Praise that was recorded up here last year in Pulteneytown and Canisbay churches as well as Freswick? Sally Magnusson presented and sailed the Isabella Fortuna.

Also just filmed at Freswick Castle a film about Wilberforce called "The Walk" due to be screened next year.