PDA

View Full Version : Laptop help

flowertot
26-Mar-11, 18:33
I am experiencing problems getting onto Internet everything was working fine until last night. Message comes up in Internet explorer that page can't be displayed. Have tried everything and thought right I will put the factory restore disk in and that should sort it out further from the truth. Now can't find the network adaptors to connect to Internet. I am about to pull my hair out to try and sort it out. Daughter got laptop for Xmas and it is under warranty but they close for the weekend, grr.

Anyone who can come to the rescue will be my saviour :-)

EDDIE
26-Mar-11, 19:28
What about the router is that working?

dx100uk
26-Mar-11, 23:31
look under device manage to ensure your network adaptor is listed and does not have a yellow exclamation mark by it
that will mean you need the drivers
use a penstick from the makers website to install them via another PC.

if you mean wireless , then try connecting via an ethernet cable first and run windows update to install the wireless drivers.

dx

Bobinovich
27-Mar-11, 00:01
Took a look at this laptop earlier this evening but only after it had been factory reset by the OP, and all that appeared wrong was the Fn + F key switch to turn the WiFi back on (they'd tried this themselves), although the graphics adaptor hadn't reinstalled correctly with the reset either so took care of that too as well as installing free AV software. OP agreed they should have tried to get it looked at before trying the reset but was desperate to get it back up & running.

dx100uk
27-Mar-11, 00:21
hey not a bad guess then from me bob
i didn't want to indicate wireless keys, it makes the op look dumb if it was the correct ans....

i'm getting better...

dx

flowertot
27-Mar-11, 00:48
Thanks for sorting laptop, but would like to say that I had tried the wireless function keys but they were not working and the laptop was connected to wifi, but the explorer wouldn't open/display any pages like it was corrupt. Maybe jumped a little bit to quick to use factory reset but daughter was desperate to get it working again as it is her one. All sorted and happy household