PDA

View Full Version : Pvr

Liz
01-Sep-06, 15:27
Does anyone have one and, if so, what do you think of it?

I cannot record onto my new DVD Recorder from my present Freeview Box due to a copyright problem which cannot be corrected.

Rather than buy a new Freeview Box I was considering selling my DVDRecorder and getting a PVR instead.

I fancied the Humax PVR9200T but have read mixed reviews.

Advice much appreciated!:D

Liz
01-Sep-06, 23:06
Doesn't anyone have one?:(

I really can't decide whether to get another Freeview box to use with my DVDRecorder or get a PVR?

I like the idea of being able to record one Freeview channel whilst watching another.

If any 'techies' could help I'd really appreciate it.

pultneytooner
01-Sep-06, 23:11
Does anyone have one and, if so, what do you think of it?

I cannot record onto my new DVD Recorder from my present Freeview Box due to a copyright problem which cannot be corrected.

Rather than buy a new Freeview Box I was considering selling my DVDRecorder and getting a PVR instead.

I fancied the Humax PVR9200T but have read mixed reviews.

Advice much appreciated!:D
You say you don't want to buy a new freeview box but this humax appears to be a freeview box with dual tuners and a HD like sky+ allowing you to record 2 channels at once. What exactly is the problem with your current freeview box?

Ann
02-Sep-06, 09:28
What's a Pvr? :confused

Liz
02-Sep-06, 13:09
You say you don't want to buy a new freeview box but this humax appears to be a freeview box with dual tuners and a HD like sky+ allowing you to record 2 channels at once. What exactly is the problem with your current freeview box?

This is a PVR rather than just a Freeview box.

The problem I have is that when I try to record from my Freeview box a message appears saying 'Copying of this material is not allowed. Cannot record'

When I contacted Panasonic they said the problem was with the Humax Freeview box but when I contacted Humax they said the problem was with the DVDRecorder!!!!
However Humax said I shouldn't have this problem with another of their Feeeview boxes!!!
Very confused!!!:eek:

As I said I like the idea of being able to watch one Freeview channel whilst recording another.

Ann a PVR is a Personal Video Recorder which is just like Sky+ but for Freeview.

If I win the lottery tonight it won't be a problem!!!!!:lol: