PDA

View Full Version : Condition of Wick's South Road

scaraben
31-Aug-06, 20:36
I note from the Courier that Councillor Bill Fernie has been making representations about the appalling state of the South Road from just beyond the Retail Park all the way into town. The road surface there is horrifying, cars and heavy vehicles being tossed about as they pass along. An accident waiting to happen. Get in there Bill and get this problem sorted out once and for all before someone gets killed or injured.[mad]

johno
09-Dec-06, 23:23
I note from the Courier that Councillor Bill Fernie has been making representations about the appalling state of the South Road from just beyond the Retail Park all the way into town. The road surface there is horrifying, cars and heavy vehicles being tossed about as they pass along. An accident waiting to happen. Get in there Bill and get this problem sorted out once and for all before someone gets killed or injured.[mad]
now i thought that those bumps were sleeping policemen. Seriously though the road from argo,s etc to dunnet s garage is an utter disgrace its like driving on a roller coaster, beat s me why something isnt done about it.
still when winter really doe,s kick in im sure we will all be glad of the extra grip. maybe thats the train of thought with the roads dept ???[disgust]

angela5
09-Dec-06, 23:27
Aye but was it not nice of them just to tar a section of that road.:lol:

ice box
10-Dec-06, 00:45
i think it will all be getting done when the contract starts on high street .

TRUCKER
10-Dec-06, 10:08
That bit of road does not belong to the roads dept, try scotland transerv.

johno
10-Dec-06, 16:08
i think it will all be getting done when the contract starts on high street .
yes they probably will resurface it then it ll be no sooner done than some else will decide to dig it up again for the long awaited new drainge system.

[disgust] [lol]

ice box
10-Dec-06, 16:24
Well funny you should say that because the drainage system there is in great need of an overhall and it's not just a case of lay new pipe the old sewer is big enough that you can stand up in but with all the digging up there over the years its become a major problem

johno
13-Dec-06, 15:07
Well funny you should say that because the drainage system there is in great need of an overhall and it's not just a case of lay new pipe the old sewer is big enough that you can stand up in but with all the digging up there over the years its become a major problem
yes and regardless of what counseller,s smith & co saying that none of the problem is attributed to the the new retail park. how can it not be. before the retail park there ,was a field that whenever it rained the park was flooded,but most of the water would have soaked into that park. now that it,s all tarred & there,s no soakage the water must run into the old storm drain which was already at it,s capacity. i admit that i am no drainage expert but i think it,s fairly obvious that the old victorian drains urgently need looking at or replaced.
:(

Orger
13-Dec-06, 18:45
Yea i agree the road is disgraceful, it is in no way good for any vehicle at all to travel on. It must just wreck the vehicles bouncing up and down here and there.. The surface is just no acceptable...

I no a lad that was travelling on his scooter/bike on that same road heading to homebase etc.. When the poor guy got thrown off his bike due to the fact that the road was in a horrific state... The bike was a total wreck and so was the poor guy that got thrown off it... He suffered from a lot of cuts and bruses...
I would of reported it straight away... Not sure if he done but i hope so...!

Scunner
13-Dec-06, 19:08
Has anyone tried to count the number of man(person)holes, between Dempster Street, and the Retail ParK?

johno
13-Dec-06, 21:49
Has anyone tried to count the number of man(person)holes, between Dempster Street, and the Retail ParK?

well, perhaps the dog warden could do that if he is still about. he does,nt seem to be doing much else judging by the amount of dog muck on the streets.
[disgust]

DarkAngel
13-Dec-06, 21:52
Your right Johno..I never really noticed the dog muck on the pavements before until i had my baby 6 months ago and when im out walking with the pram i have to watch where im goin as ive run over dog muck more than i should have! It really is disgusting and makes me sick!!!!!

Owners should pick up their dogs mess, Some people are just down right ignorant!!