PDA

View Full Version : Have you had your 15 minutes?

highlander
31-Aug-06, 12:20
They say everyone has achieved 15 minutes of fame, what has yours been? when i asked my hubby, what does he feel his has been, he said "i dont know, have not had it yet" i joked and said "och it must have been when u married me" he said, "that was not fame, that was stupidity" lol

Ricco
31-Aug-06, 12:26
I've had mine several times - must amount to 45-60 minutes, I guess. ;)

Rheghead
31-Aug-06, 15:29
I have had several pieces of unfame.

I once flew an Argentine flag from a flag pole that hit the papers during the falklands war.

I once did a series of sand sculptures during the night in a town centre and mysteriously left them for shoppers to gawk at, that hit the papers.

Unfortunately my UFO hoax attempts have failed, but I might have another go at that.

percy toboggan
31-Aug-06, 17:30
They say everyone has achieved 15 minutes of fame, what has yours been? l

Do 'they' ? Who are 'they' then?

Was it not Andy Warhol who said everyone 'deserved' fifteen minutes of fame?
The drug soaked nutjob was talking through his backside again. There just would not be enough hours in the day.
Anonymity is a fine cloak. I have no desire to cast it aside for a temporary bask in the spotlight.

highlander
31-Aug-06, 18:51
Whoa, wait a minute, who rattled your cage? get off your high horse, it was only a light hearted question.

Moira
31-Aug-06, 19:14
Do 'they' ? Who are 'they' then?

Was it not Andy Warhol who said everyone 'deserved' fifteen minutes of fame?
The drug soaked nutjob was talking through his backside again. There just would not be enough hours in the day.
Anonymity is a fine cloak. I have no desire to cast it aside for a temporary bask in the spotlight.

lol percy - you're on the wrong thread - MGB1979 is looking for someone to fight with on the pub thread [lol]

Kenn
01-Sep-06, 02:07
Wheest highlander did he no appreciate the bargain he was gettn'?
My 15 mins was when I starred is a movie. told all me friends about it only to find the BBC had cut an' edited the it!
I am still apologising fer keepin' folks up late to watch it!

Ricco
01-Sep-06, 10:38
One of mine was a part as an extra in 101 Dalmations, the movie. They filmed part of it in the village where I was a regular at the pub. Managed to get a week's worth at £50/day, including all food and drinks. You can see me in the last 5 minutes where they are collecting the puppies together in the village.

Tiger Jones
01-Sep-06, 10:53
One of mine was a part as an extra in 101 Dalmations, the movie. They filmed part of it in the village where I was a regular at the pub. Managed to get a week's worth at £50/day, including all food and drinks. You can see me in the last 5 minutes where they are collecting the puppies together in the village.
I haven't seen the movie but, when I do, I'll try to 'spot' you. :D

I was invited to take part in a busker's act at the Edinburgh Fringe last year. I managed to upstage him [lol]
I was on the cover of a community newpaper when I was at a multicultural event.

May not seem like much but it's fame to me.

Kingetter
01-Sep-06, 11:09

Ricco, where are you?
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0115433/1-12.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0115433&seq=3

In this scene?

Whitewater
01-Sep-06, 11:13
I'm like reghead, had my 15 minutes of fame and probably more of infamy. I remember many years ago when I was about 16/17 (around 1958/59), The picture "Whiskey Galore" was showing in THURSO on Hogmany, they had a massive rocket about 2' diameter and 7' long on a notice board advertising the film in St. Georges Sq, and as boys do at that age I got drunk. Next morning I remember my mother banging on the bedroom door, she couldn't get in. When I eventually surfaced the reason for her not being able to get in was this great rocket lying behind the door. I couldn't remember bringing it home, I tried to blame my brother for it but he was in the Navy at the time. My parents being rather firm made me put it back, that was dreadful, I don't know how I managed to move & carry it approx a mile to our house when I was drunk because it took me ages to return it, all my friends laughing at me on the way back, but it was good fun, the police didn't charge me and it was a good starting point for another party.

golach
01-Sep-06, 11:24
Ricco, my 15mins lasted 3 days as an extra also. In a film called "The Key" starring Trevor Howard, William Holden and best of all Sophia Loren.
The scene I was in took 3 days to shoot as I was on a ship called the RFA Wave Knight and we were supposed to be a torpedoed tanker about to sink and we had to man the lifeboats, the final shot used in the film must have been taken from a half mile away so no one can be recognised.
But best of all, Sophia came on board and shook hands with us all, at 17 I never washed that hand for a fortnight [lol]

Whitewater
01-Sep-06, 11:35
Ricco, my 15mins lasted 3 days as an extra also. In a film called "The Key" starring Trevor Howard, William Holden and best of all Sophia Loren.

But best of all, Sophia came on board and shook hands with us all, at 17 I never washed that hand for a fortnight [lol]

You lucky so and so. Your making me very jealous. I've been a fan of hers since I was a teenager.

DrSzin
01-Sep-06, 11:39
Golach, that must be at least the fourth time you've told us about meeting Sophia. She must have made one heck of an impression on you! :D

Ricco
01-Sep-06, 12:08
Ricco, where are you?
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0115433/1-12.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0115433&seq=3

In this scene?

From that angle I was about 5ft to the right, just out of shot. I can be seen earlier walking forward in my dressing gown talking to another 'villager' and then a few minutes later in front of 'my house' watching the convey depart.

golach
01-Sep-06, 15:28
Golach, that must be at least the fourth time you've told us about meeting Sophia. She must have made one heck of an impression on you!
Weel Doc have you seen the lastest photos of her at 71 she is still a very beautiful woman:eek: and it is my 15 mins not yours [evil]

DrSzin
01-Sep-06, 16:48
I didn't say I wasn't envious! ;)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Sep-06, 21:45
My 15 minutes o' fame starring in the musical 'Oliver' as Fagin in 1990,Ayrshire Post said "he must really be a fine actor."....how true:lol:

15 minutes of fame in Caithness....dressed up as a Chicken Run guy a few years back for the Gala.....3rd place.......noooo bad:lol:

katarina
01-Sep-06, 21:48
I have had several pieces of unfame.

I once flew an Argentine flag from a flag pole that hit the papers during the falklands war.

I once did a series of sand sculptures during the night in a town centre and mysteriously left them for shoppers to gawk at, that hit the papers.

Unfortunately my UFO hoax attempts have failed, but I might have another go at that.

You sound like a whole lotta fun! Mind you the fairies worked with some people!