PDA

View Full Version : How do you?

Corrie 3
10-Mar-11, 20:11
How do you cope with Internet Trolls? I thought I would ask the question and see what results are provided. Do you ignore them completely, do you fall for their fishing line and answer back, do they stop you posting on the Forum for fear of insults or being ridiculed?
I love the odd bit of banter and the craic but I am just getting a tad fed up of a couple of posters that seem to want to spoil every thread on here at the moment!
So, how do you personally handle the Trolls?

C3.....:roll::eek:

gleeber
10-Mar-11, 20:14
There's too much of this innuendo on the forums. Can't you get it into your heads that we are all as bad or as good as one another. Get on with it. Enjoy it and be grateful it's there.

Tilly Teckel
10-Mar-11, 20:17
I was just considering this very question myself. I don't post an awful lot on the org but even I have noticed one person in particular who recently seems to be turning every thread quite nasty. Do we contact a mod and ask for them to be spoken to/removed? Or, as you said, do we just ignore it and hope they lose interest? I wouldn't stop posting personally as this is giving in to bullying. But I have to say I'm at a loss too......

The Music Monster
10-Mar-11, 20:19
I admit, that I did rise to it - but now I just ignore the posters who seem to be out for a fight. As far as I'm concerned I'm on the board to enjoy sharing things with fellow .orgers, I'm persevering to not waste time on the trolls.

gleeber
10-Mar-11, 20:33
I don't know whether some orgers are out for a fight or not. Sometimes it may come across like that. For example my first post here may feel like a challenge rather than an opinion. Does that make me a bully?

Commore
10-Mar-11, 20:33
Who are they?
Cannot say I have noticed trolls at all.

Carole
10-Mar-11, 20:48
I don't know whether some orgers are out for a fight or not. Sometimes it may come across like that. For example my first post here may feel like a challenge rather than an opinion. Does that make me a bully?

Didn't see it as a challenge - just didn't understand your response. Sorry.

John Little
10-Mar-11, 20:52
Trolls must be knocked into the river of course!

Gronnuck
10-Mar-11, 21:09
If enough people ignored the alleged troll then their trolling would be much less effective.
The more experienced Orgers might manage not to 'bite' but the newer members might get taken in and insulted or belittled.

weezer 316
10-Mar-11, 21:12
You could try reasoning with them.....although reason isnt on something in abundance on here

annemarie482
10-Mar-11, 21:13
recent sighting of said troll.........

you know who you are!!!

shazzap
10-Mar-11, 21:15
Treat them with the contempt they deserve. ;)[lol][lol]

George Brims
10-Mar-11, 21:32
Who are they?
Cannot say I have noticed trolls at all.

He's under the bridge! Just tap your feet and he will come out!

equusdriving
10-Mar-11, 21:35
He's under the bridge! Just tap your feet and he will come out!

Yes and if its who i think it is his Avatar is a dead giveaway

NickInTheNorth
10-Mar-11, 21:39
Three possible courses of action :

1) Ignore
2) Ignore
3) Ignore

It's what your ignore list is for - never respond to them, never reason with them, just pretend they are not there

Dog-eared
10-Mar-11, 21:42
Ignore them.
But by typing this I'm not......am I ?

Dog-eared
10-Mar-11, 21:55
I never knew trolling could be so labour intensive for them -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Corrie 3
10-Mar-11, 22:14
I know the best advice is to ignore but does anyone else have difficulty ignoring the trolling?
I am also concerned that the Forum seems to be less busy of late, I hope people arent being put off from posting!!

C3....:roll:

theone
10-Mar-11, 22:17
This place isn't too bad for trolls I think, yes, there's one or two, but even they are not so bad.

I certainly wouldn't not post for fear of being ridiculed, if I think I've got a decent argument I'll put it forward. I wouldn't fear being insulted either, sticks and stones and all that.

That said, I often lose interest in some threads, sometimes you know they could go on forever.

Phill
10-Mar-11, 22:23
:eek:[para]:eek:

wot no trolls

shazzap
10-Mar-11, 22:33
It takes the bigger man / woman, to walk away.

Posting this here, as i don't want to carry on the debate else where.

RecQuery
10-Mar-11, 23:14
Do not feed the trolls as the saying goes. If you do it just the whole thing.

In the words of Trollface... problem?

http://i.imgur.com/d8DBY.png

equusdriving
10-Mar-11, 23:22
Do not feed the trolls as the saying goes. If you do it just the whole thing.

In the words of Trollface... problem?

http://i.imgur.com/d8DBY.png

Chordie is that you...............oh no youve been suspended

Kells
10-Mar-11, 23:40
I was thought to be a troll and treated accordingly. That is obviously a side effect of the real trolls who want to disrupt and cause trouble but it could discourage others from feeling free to post if they are a bit thin skinned. I have now gone past that and enjoyed some very good discussions and expect this to continue which is what I expected from when I first posted. Trolls happen on every board, it is just human nature and they go away but go away even quicker when ignored.

10-Mar-11, 23:44
How do you cope with Internet Trolls? I thought I would ask the question and see what results are provided. Do you ignore them completely, do you fall for their fishing line and answer back, do they stop you posting on the Forum for fear of insults or being ridiculed?
I love the odd bit of banter and the craic but I am just getting a tad fed up of a couple of posters that seem to want to spoil every thread on here at the moment!
So, how do you personally handle the Trolls?

C3.....:roll::eek:

On Caithness dot Org you would report them by clicking on the Report icon on the bottom left hand of the post. It's the best & quickest way to get the Admin & Mods to act upon your concerns.

theone
11-Mar-11, 00:17
Chordie is that you...............oh no youve been suspended

Is he?

I can't pretend I didn't see that coming.

RecQuery
11-Mar-11, 08:59
Thing is most trolls want to get banned or get incredibly low karma/ratings (on sites where it's supported) they view it as success... trolling is an art form in many ways, especially on sites like Reddit.

northener
11-Mar-11, 09:18
To be honest, some of the trolling is quite amusing. The obviously spiteful ones are pathetic, mind.

But who decides who is a troll?

On one thread we had someone taking offence with anyone who dared to disagree with them. This person repeatedly said they were not prepared to listen to/discuss any more and that they were having nothing more to do with the thread. This attitude was then repeated in the following God knows how many posts by the same person!

Does that make them a troll? It does in my book.

Is someone posting a blunt response a troll? Not in my book.

Some on here appear to be of the opinion that a troll is anyone who disagrees with them and won't back down.

The point I'm aiming is that, on the whole, 'trolling' is down to how an individual views another persons post. A troll to one person is a joker to another - and a sensible poster to another.

But then you get posters who simply haven't got a good word or an intelligent discussion for anyone. that's as close to this 'trolling' mularkey as you can get in my book.

Violetsky
11-Mar-11, 09:30
Must admit I was i bit ignorant and did not understand what was meant by trolling, however after reading the complete thread I now get it - it is this that has kept me away from the org for quite some time - I really thought that all the "trolls" (although I had another word for them!!) were going to be the downfall of the org. Which would be terribly sad, as Im sure that there are many people out there that rely on the org for their only means of "conversation" if they are housebound and dont get many visitors. I think that the moderator is spot on when he advises to use the org tools to report these people. Fingers crossed - we just may return to an org that is a pleasant place to visit and converse.

RecQuery
11-Mar-11, 10:43
I really don't think we have that many trolls on here, I didn't think chordie was one.

The Wikipedia definition of trolling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet))

I'm not posting a link because the sensitive delicate little flowers we have on here would complain and I'd get banned but if you search for 'Encyclopedia Dramatica' a comedy version of Wikipedia you'll see what actual trolling is.

A less form of trolling is demonstrated is this comic featuring troll dad (http://i.imgur.com/aNLkO.png) and at others here (http://www.reddit.com/r/fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu/)

Kenn
11-Mar-11, 11:09
Troll, mythical being of Scandinavian folklore, known to have an appetite for goats,lurk under bridges and be of a metamorphic build.
Hummm now who do I know who fits that desciption?

ShelleyCowie
11-Mar-11, 11:14
i dont post much anymore, when i look on a thread that interests me its already been hi-jacked with nasty comments so i just dont bother. Whats the point in posting on a forum if your opinion is dulled out due to arguements.

Saveman
11-Mar-11, 11:33
I think I agree with Gleeber on this one. I've seen some posts from normally level-headed orgers that could be viewed as trolling. It's a perspective thing unless it's a blatant every-post occurrence. Orguments are inevitable, they've been part and parcel of the furniture since the Org spontaneously appeared from the ether. I don't think we should ask too many questions about why and how and just be grateful and accept that it just is. ;)

ducati
11-Mar-11, 11:41
I really don't think we have that many trolls on here, I didn't think chordie was one.

The Wikipedia definition of trolling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet))

I'm not posting a link because the sensitive delicate little flowers we have on here would complain and I'd get banned but if you search for 'Encyclopedia Dramatica' a comedy version of Wikipedia you'll see what actual trolling is.

A less form of trolling is demonstrated is this comic featuring troll dad (http://i.imgur.com/aNLkO.png) and at others here (http://www.reddit.com/r/fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu/)

I thought Wikipedia was the comedy version??

gleeber
11-Mar-11, 11:45
See? Savemans post is a blatant attempt at trolling and winding up the atheists and the agnostics. He knows well enough the org didn't spontaneously appear from the ether. The org has a creator whom we call Bill. Bill has an army of angels and in some cases demons to keep his creation from imploding.
If anyone needs any evidence or proof that Bill is the creator of the org, then they must be deluded.

RecQuery
11-Mar-11, 11:47
I thought Wikipedia was the comedy version??

Heh yeah, at least with Encyclopedia Dramatic my changes don't get reverted by 14 year old Norwegians.

meerkat
11-Mar-11, 11:48
The mists have cleared from my eyes! You are SO right! Hail Bill, Creator of the Org!

Now, who created Bill?.............

SunnyChick
11-Mar-11, 11:52
I think everyone enjoys a friendly banter now and again, but the way a person types a post, is not always the way others will read/interpret it. (A common problem in the modern era of emails, texts and online forums!)

It can be difficult to tell whether someone is pulling your leg, or just being horrible.

Most orgers though, I think/hope, are "spirited people with overall good intention and a sense of adventure"! So it's still a big thumbs up from me!

gleeber
11-Mar-11, 11:53
Bills always been, stupid.

meerkat
11-Mar-11, 12:22
Sorry, Gleeber, got it wrong again - but I'm sure glad you put a comma in that sentence!

northener
11-Mar-11, 12:28
I think I agree with Gleeber on this one. I've seen some posts from normally level-headed orgers that could be viewed as trolling. It's a perspective thing unless it's a blatant every-post occurrence. Orguments are inevitable, they've been part and parcel of the furniture since the Org spontaneously appeared from the ether. I don't think we should ask too many questions about why and how and just be grateful and accept that it just is. ;)

See? Savemans post is a blatant attempt at trolling and winding up the atheists and the agnostics. He knows well enough the org didn't spontaneously appear from the ether. The org has a creator whom we call Bill. Bill has an army of angels and in some cases demons to keep his creation from imploding.
If anyone needs any evidence or proof that Bill is the creator of the org, then they must be deluded.

The mists have cleared from my eyes! You are SO right! Hail Bill, Creator of the Org!

Now, who created Bill?.............

Bills always been, stupid.

You beat to to it, Dammit.:( (Gleeber, well placed comma, BTW)

Quick, someone knock up an effigy of the True Son of Bill and see if it does miracles:Razz

Uh, is this Trolling?

I'm confused.

Anyway, I am not able to prove (nor have I seen any evidence) that there is one supreme being who created the .Org and who takes an active interest in our welfare.
The only 'evidence' appears to be the .Org itself - which is merely a manifestation electrical impulses on electronic equipment which appears to have many followers who proclaim The Great Bill actually exists.

No doubt there will be those who profess to have communicated in person with The Great Bill, I doubt this very much as I have not seen this with my own eyes.

However, I once went on an organised Riverside Walk in Wick. Later I was told that The Great Bill was walking amongst us. Apparently he manifested himself as a short bloke with a camera who then 'conversed' with the Ranger and others. I wasn't convinced.

But he did leave the walk when it ended in Safeways car park by going straight up into the sky in a shaft of golden light, so maybe there is some truth in it?

meerkat
11-Mar-11, 12:46
There is a photograph of Bill at the head of each of his entries.

As we know, the camera cannot lie

Ergo, The Great Bill exists, and his one photo is worth a thousand words.

So mote it be.....

northener
11-Mar-11, 12:54
There is a photograph of Bill at the head of each of his entries.

As we know, the camera cannot lie

Ergo, The Great Bill exists, and his one photo is worth a thousand words.

So mote it be.....

We have no evidence as to what the 'Great Bill' may look like, merely some fanciful human notion.

I wager the Meerkat does not sport a large moustache and a military bearing........

theone
11-Mar-11, 12:57
A few good points here.

Who does decide who is a troll? The obvious answer is Admin, and they must have a difficult job.

I've recently been accused of being a bully on here because I dared to point out hypocritical postings by one user. I'm sure they would class me as a troll, even though other orgers who have been here longer might not.

Some people want the org to be a big "cuddle zone" of nice postings, mutual respect and agreement, some like to debate differences of opinion. Each to their own, and good luck to them. But the org is what it is, and what it has evolved into. I must admit, the org has been a lot quieter as of late and that is a shame. Is it a result of trolls? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe it is just another sign of its evolution, people move on.

In my opinion there are one or two trolls on here, but even they are not so bad and everybody has the choice to deal with them as they wish. But I also see how one particular poster might be seen as a troll for their blunt comments, even though I wouldn't class them as one (in fact, they often make me smile).

meerkat
11-Mar-11, 13:13
Northerner, you wager correctly. The daguerrotype is that of Sir Nevile Henderson, sometime Ambassador to Germany just before the last lot kicked off. A small and normally retiring man of impeccable breeding and manners, he actually told Hitler to naff off. He, along with George VI have always been my heroes.

Natural modesty and fear of being tracked down by the authorities prevent me from displaying my own image.

Kells
11-Mar-11, 13:18
[
Who does decide who is a troll? The obvious answer is Admin, and they must have a difficult job.

As Admin have just posted that is obvious to everyone.

I've recently been accused of being a bully on here because I dared to point out hypocritical postings by one user. I'm sure they would class me as a troll, even though other orgers who have been here longer might not.

A big difference between a troll and a bully, and everyone is entitled to their opinion,and it was only your opinion so yip some may well still think you are a bully. Suck it up and get on with it.

Some people want the org to be a big "cuddle zone" of nice postings, mutual respect and agreement, some like to debate differences of opinion. Each to their own, and good luck to them.

What you give out you get back and no need ot whine about it. If you need a hug let us know.

But the org is what it is, and what it has evolved into. I must admit, the org has been a lot quieter as of late and that is a shame. Is it a result of trolls? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe it is just another sign of its evolution, people move on.

Might just be a sign that people do not like nasty comments being made about them.

In my opinion there are one or two trolls on here, but even they are not so bad and everybody has the choice to deal with them as they wish. But I also see how one particular poster might be seen as a troll for their blunt comments, even though I wouldn't class them as one (in fact, they often make me smile

In my opinion trolls emerge in all forums at some time, so do rude ignorent people and the self opinated feel safe to express themselves freely. So long as it does not become personal then I enjoy it all, otherwise why bother reading or posting and if it does become personal then I deal with it.

theone
11-Mar-11, 13:25
In my opinion trolls emerge in all forums at some time, so do rude ignorent people and the self opinated feel safe to express themselves freely. So long as it does not become personal then I enjoy it all, otherwise why bother reading or posting and if it does become personal then I deal with it.

I agree with that.

But where do we draw the line of "becoming personal"? Blatent insults are obviously a no-no but telling somebody they're wrong might be wrongly taken as a personal attack.

I too enjoy it, that's why I'm here!

Saveman
11-Mar-11, 13:27

Hehe....*rubs hands* I've succeeding in angering the formidable Gleeber! My work here is done......apart from some random posting about Asda, cats and pot holes....

Thumper
11-Mar-11, 13:44
Its not so much trolling,its the fact that a certain few go out of their way to insult,upset and aggrivate other posters,just because they put a :) after what they say doesnt make it any better! This forum will always have its ups and down,trolls and easily offended people BUT as of late there are a certain few who seem to take pleasure in taking almost every thread and destroy it with petty snipes,nasty remarks,argument for argument sake etc,and it DOES put people off posting,I have been here a long time,I myself have been accused of being a bully,people take things differently,BUT to knowingly go out to just annoy is IMO pathetic and should be dealt with with suspensions,or bans,get rid of a few to save the many I would say x

orkneycadian
11-Mar-11, 14:29
I must admit, the org has been a lot quieter as of late and that is a shame. Is it a result of trolls? Maybe, maybe not.

This is not the easiest site to get data out of (the 30 second delay between searches doesn't help!), but in the General section only, in the last 2 weeks, there have been 179 new threads (~90 a week). In the last month, there have been 347 new threads (86.75 a week), in the last 2 months, 660 new threads (73.3 a week) and in the last year, 4248 threads (81.6 a week). So, as far as threads go, a month or 2 ago, the number of threads was a bit below the average over the last year, but in the last month, and more especially so in the last 2 weeks, theres been more thread activity than there has been over the last year! Considering the length of some of the threads lately (God, phychics, Portgower, etc) its seems there are plenty postings going on, not including all the stuff in the non General sections.

theone
11-Mar-11, 14:35
This is not the easiest site to get data out of (the 30 second delay between searches doesn't help!), but in the General section only, in the last 2 weeks, there have been 179 new threads (~90 a week). In the last month, there have been 347 new threads (86.75 a week), in the last 2 months, 660 new threads (73.3 a week) and in the last year, 4248 threads (81.6 a week). So, as far as threads go, a month or 2 ago, the number of threads was a bit below the average over the last year, but in the last month, and more especially so in the last 2 weeks, theres been more thread activity than there has been over the last year! Considering the length of some of the threads lately (God, phychics, Portgower, etc) its seems there are plenty postings going on, not including all the stuff in the non General sections.

I was referring to a longer period of time. A couple of years ago you could hardly keep up with the amount of posts on here.

Kells
11-Mar-11, 14:38
The obvious place I would say is right at the start. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion, we may hold a different opinion but that does not mean we need tell anyone else we are right they are wrong. Opinions are just that, it might be right or it might be wrong but it is what makes us all different and not something we have to change in others. If we are not giving an opinion but saying it is a fact then back up the fact with a reference but not by saying such and such a book but a firm ref for anyone to go look at.

orkneycadian
11-Mar-11, 14:46
- Average in the General section since records began (Jun 2001) is about 50 threads per week. The 107 in the last week is about the highest the limited reporting I can cajole out of the sites figures for a week!

Kells
11-Mar-11, 14:49
Its not so much trolling,its the fact that a certain few go out of their way to insult,upset and aggrivate other posters,just because they put a :) after what they say doesnt make it any better! This forum will always have its ups and down,trolls and easily offended people BUT as of late there are a certain few who seem to take pleasure in taking almost every thread and destroy it with petty snipes,nasty remarks,argument for argument sake etc,and it DOES put people off posting,I have been here a long time,I myself have been accused of being a bully,people take things differently,BUT to knowingly go out to just annoy is IMO pathetic and should be dealt with with suspensions,or bans,get rid of a few to save the many I would say x

All true I would say and it comes down to manners make for a good post as well as a good man.

golach
11-Mar-11, 15:05
- Average in the General section since records began (Jun 2001) is about 50 threads per week. The 107 in the last week is about the highest the limited reporting I can cajole out of the sites figures for a week!

Can you give the figures for the apathy and lack of decent posts on the Org since, say 23/7/10 ?

Chalkie
11-Mar-11, 15:08
What about a “Troll Poll”
If you are thought to be a troll, and named by, say, ten or more posters, then you officially become one and the status under your name would change from .orger to troll, with a red flashing exclamation sign.
This would alert posters who could then decide, at a glance, whether to read your posts and give them any credence or just dismiss them for the rubbish they usually are.
It would be reviewed every three months and names added or deleted as necessary.

orkneycadian
11-Mar-11, 15:10
Can you give the figures for the apathy and lack of decent posts on the Org since, say 23/7/10 ?

Tricky.... The search function on here is rather limiting! Bekisman has suffered a lot of apathy over his broadband, as have quite a few others when Facebook stopped working one day!

Will put in a request to admin for some better analysis tools, and the abolition of that nuisance 30 second search delay timer!

theone
11-Mar-11, 15:11
What about a “Troll Poll”
If you are thought to be a troll, and named by, say, ten or more posters, then you officially become one and the status under your name would change from .orger to troll, with a red flashing exclamation sign.

I like that idea!

Mob rule! True democracy.

Burn the witch!

ducati
11-Mar-11, 15:27
Northerner, you wager correctly. The daguerrotype is that of Sir Nevile Henderson, sometime Ambassador to Germany just before the last lot kicked off. A small and normally retiring man of impeccable breeding and manners, he actually told Hitler to naff off. He, along with George VI have always been my heroes.

Natural modesty and fear of being tracked down by the authorities prevent me from displaying my own image.

I know what you mean, I put my picture on once and it had a very unfortunate effect on a couple of the ladies :eek:

Kells
11-Mar-11, 15:51
I like that idea!

Mob rule! True democracy.

Burn the witch!

Admin ..... Admin ...... Admin ......... you are about to lose your job. [lol]:lol:[lol]

gleeber
11-Mar-11, 22:18
I know what you mean, I put my picture on once and it had a very unfortunate effect on a couple of the ladies :eek:
Aye a lot of us blokes had a laugh too. :lol:

gleeber
11-Mar-11, 22:21
Theres a fair bit of doom and gloom around just now. I think the org reflects it.
I suppose Chordies thread about Doanalsins diary was a bit personal. He'll have a chance to reflect. :D

secrets in symmetry
12-Mar-11, 00:38
If people think there is a serious trolling problem on this forum, they must have led very sheltered forum lives. The closest to a real troll I've seen on my short time posting here is bagpuss. On several occasions, she(?) has created several threads that are only a little short of blatant trolling - but I wouldn't complain because she provides something different for the forum.

I don't know why chordie was suspended. He was seen as pugnacious by some, but the alternative of total rubbish being justified by freedom of speech arguments is not worthy of consideration.

Haste ye back chordie.

golach
12-Mar-11, 00:40
Haste ye back chordie.

Are you on the level????

RecQuery
12-Mar-11, 11:11
If people think there is a serious trolling problem on this forum, they must have led very sheltered forum lives. The closest to a real troll I've seen on my short time posting here is bagpuss. On several occasions, she(?) has created several threads that are only a little short of blatant trolling - but I wouldn't complain because she provides something different for the forum.

I don't know why chordie was suspended. He was seen as pugnacious by some, but the alternative of total rubbish being justified by freedom of speech arguments is not worthy of consideration.

Haste ye back chordie.

Exactly see my previous post with examples, we've got nothing approaching a true troll here. I don't see why the guy was banned either. Perhaps he annoyed some forum royalty http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/royals.htm

orkneycadian
12-Mar-11, 11:26
This is starting to sound like a "Bring Back Chordie!" thread!

meerkat
12-Mar-11, 11:46
And why not? At least he's got a twinkle in his eyes, they don't swivel, and he is more imaginitive in his put-downs - why, I don't think he has ever used the word "deluded" (trans. - "somebody I don't agree with"!)

secrets in symmetry
12-Mar-11, 15:02
Exactly see my previous post with examples, we've got nothing approaching a true troll here. I don't see why the guy was banned either. Perhaps he annoyed some forum royalty http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/royals.htm (http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/royals.htm)I don't know why he was suspended, but I'm not claiming he shouldn't have been, I just don't know. It's conceivable that he posted something truly obnoxious, but I expect any offending posts will have been deleted and that would be why we don't see any.

This is starting to sound like a "Bring Back Chordie!" thread!No, not really, but some of his more sententious posts raised hackles in an interesting way, and his posts were actually readable.

orkneycadian
12-Mar-11, 15:07
This would alert posters who could then decide, at a glance, whether to read your posts and give them any credence or just dismiss them for the rubbish they usually are.

Er, this already exists! Its called your "Ignore List"! If you don't want to see postings from a particular poster, you add their name to your ignore list, and they become hidden. Simples!

orkneycadian
26-Mar-11, 13:08
I don't know why he was suspended, but I'm not claiming he shouldn't have been, I just don't know. It's conceivable that he posted something truly obnoxious, but I expect any offending posts will have been deleted and that would be why we don't see any.

No, not really, but some of his more sententious posts raised hackles in an interesting way, and his posts were actually readable.

I wonder if he will come back? According to the forum rules, if suspended, he will be re-instated when his point level falls below the limit. Wonder if he will come back as Chordie, or if he has already comeback as someone else?