PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations section

telfordstar
09-Mar-11, 10:12
So what happened that its been removed? who's thrown their toys outo their pram this time? I am sad to see its not there I quite often enjoyed reading it with all the good and bad things. This org has gone downhill rapidly lately :(

orkneycadian
09-Mar-11, 10:19
:roll:

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?137761-Recommendations-thread-gone

orkneycadian
09-Mar-11, 10:29
On some forums, part of the action of posting, whether a new thread, or an addition to an existing thread, is an excursion through a search facility, or at the very least a link to a FAQ section. Some forums, when you click on "Post" take you to a list of possible related threads / postings, based on the words you are attempting to post. Only when you have reviewed the possible matches for FAQ answers, and have confirmed you still want to make a new thread / post, does the software allow you to create a new thread.

"E dis" must be the only forum (that I ken of at least!) that in the page of most recent topics, has 2 separate threads on Snow, both discussing the same thing, 2 threads on "Wheres the Recommendations section gone?" and if you expand your area of search to a page and a half, 2 threads on Pancake Day!

Does no one ever check the other threads below to see if what they are about to say has not already been said in a thread 5 further down the list? Do they never type their keywords in the search box on here and click "Search"? 9 times out of 10, what they are looking for is already here!

telfordstar
09-Mar-11, 12:40
Cheeeee whizzzzz Will you keep your hair on if you have any! This is typical org not a friendly post to say look theres already been a thread done, oh no its a smarty pants reply, get a grip eh! If you cant post nice dont bother at all eh! Oh and please dont roll your eyes at me, so childish.