PDA

View Full Version : Garden benches

gillygirl
02-Mar-11, 18:15
Hi Everyone

After being quoted a surcharge of £47.50 to deliver a garden bench from Amazon (after I had been sucked into placing an order!! and then subsequently having to cancel) I was wondering if anyone in the Wick/Thurso area makes garden furniture on a commercial basis, or has anyone found reasonably priced low delivery benches online?:lol:

Torvaig
02-Mar-11, 23:01
Have you tried Serendipity in Thurso or Allans of Gillock or the hardware shop beside Riverside Interiors?
Then there is Homebase in Wick or Argos, the garden centre in Castletown..... or ask a joiner or anyone you know that is good at DIY.

Kenn
03-Mar-11, 23:25
Bought a great garden bench at the hardware shop along the river side in Thurso last year, it was cheaper than we could find it any where else including the net, easy to assemble and just a couple of coats of ships varnish to the wooden slats finished it off a treat, it has also been well used!

Dadie
03-Mar-11, 23:36
Or the CLB?
Thats where we got our teak set!
Or the garden centre at Castletown?
Or for something really special try getting the smithy to make a bench for you that will last for a lifetime!
Wont be cheap but with no wood to treat will need no maintenance!

Fran
04-Mar-11, 00:08
Is CLB open at the weekend and whereabouts is it please?

gillygirl
04-Mar-11, 19:36
Wow! thanks for all these suggestions. I am sure from these I will get what I need. Had already tried Homebase/Argos which were rubbish but will be checking out Serendipity and Riverside hardware tomorrow. Thanks again everyone. Always like to buy local if I can.

Gronnuck
04-Mar-11, 23:40
We got our benches from Allans of Gillock at Watten. They come in four pieces so you have a wee bit of assembly to do. They're not cheap but very sturdy.
There's a man in Brough who builds benches and the like. If you find him I think he can build one to your own design or as near as.

gillygirl
05-Mar-11, 10:09
Thanks for this info. Does anyone know who the phantom bench maker of Brough is?! Panic over, I have just bought a very sturdy bench from Ross's on the riverside in Thurso. Just what I was looking for but thanks for all the information.