PDA

View Full Version : Wares Dick Allison Sutherland Muir More

b1b2j3
28-Aug-06, 18:53
I return armed with a few more details. Can anyone help? David WARES, Grocer of Glasgow died 4th May, 1860. I am assuming he was born in circa 1821-1831. He had prepared a will in 1857, which states that his Mother was Janet DICK and sisters Isabella & Janet. His wife was Marion ALLISON. The previous are all GrandParents of mine, Isabella & Janet, Great Aunts. I assume the Father to be Donald. And his Father David and his Mother Helen. (assume). Donald was a cooper by profession. (assume).

Marion nee: ALLISON Wares:~( died in Glasgow in 1860, eight days after childbirth. The child died of complications soon after birth. Allison and David had another child- Margaret nee: Wares MUIR. Margaret, born Caithness, 1847, also died early 11th June, 1869 in Glasgow. A strange thing exists where on marriage to William MUIR (1863) Calton, Margaret states James WARES (Caithness Baker, later in Glasgow) and Mary Simpson as parents. However at her death on certification its David and Marion ALLISON. ALL X referenced GROS data except from David WARES parents back.

Any assistance greatfully received. Still have the WAREs children as orphans with Margaret Sutherland looking after them in 1851 Census. See earlier post.

Thank you...Bron

Tricia
01-Sep-06, 18:56
Janet Dick married a John Warse in Wick 28 May 1808
They had a son David christened 30 April 1814 in Wick.
Also Daniel 1810 John 1812 Isobel1819.

b1b2j3
11-Oct-06, 17:36
Now I'm reeeellleee confused. Will get back to you. Bron

Gleber2
11-Oct-06, 17:56
Any assistance greatfully received. Still have the WAREs children as orphans with Margaret Sutherland looking after them in 1851 Census. See earlier post.

Thank you...Bron

Did Margaret Sutherland live in Thurso and what was her husbands name?