PDA

View Full Version : Runaway Mouse !!

cherokee
27-Feb-11, 14:50
Whenever I try to write a message on my laptop, whether it's on a forum or if I'm just typing an e-mail, the pointer arrow just decides to take off across the page, landing randomly anywhere. [evil]

This always happens after I've typed about ten to fifteen words.

My OH never has this problem at all !!!!! [disgust]

Can anyone help as it's so annoying !!!!

Bobinovich
27-Feb-11, 15:31
Know it sounds obvious, but could you be accidentally touching the laptop's mouse pad as you're typing? Have had a similar situation with a customer previously :D

Dadie
27-Feb-11, 15:34
Is it an external wireless mouse?
If so change the batteries.
I like a real mouse even at the laptop..the pad isnt as good I find.

cherokee
27-Feb-11, 16:20
Thank you both for your kind replies !!

They both make sense; I am a bit lax with keeping my hands lowered when typing, so I am possibly touching the "pad" without realising it !! :eek:

Also, Dadie, I'm like you, I only use the "external" mouse as I feel I can't control the mouse "pad", so will try a change of batteries if Bob's idea doen't work.

Thank you once again - I'll let you know how I get on ! :)

Beat Bug
27-Feb-11, 18:03
I also have this problem. Not so much on the laptop, but on my netbook. I've been told it's to do with the 'wiring' for the keyboard. The signal somehow 'jumps'. The smaller the keyboard, the more frequently it happens. It sometimes jumps even when I'm not touching the keyboard!

cherokee
27-Feb-11, 18:55
Thanks Beat Bug !

I've been on various sites this afternoon, and I've been trying out Bobinovich's suggestion about keeping my hands away from the mouse pad and, so far, it seems to be working !! I've managed to type a few (this one included) bits and pieces with no "jumping mouse" !!

Hopefully this is the solution to my problem - thank you all for your ideas and a massive thank you to Bobinovich !!! :o

If I should have this bother again, then I'll try all the other suggestions, 'til then a big "Ta"

dx100uk
01-Mar-11, 02:21
dont forget you can always use an external mouse and keyboard
stops the problem of hitting the touch pad altogether

dx

cherokee
01-Mar-11, 10:09
Thank you dx !