PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Wool !!

mostlyharmless
27-Aug-06, 20:02
I can't stand the sound of cotton wool scrunching ... I know that might sound strange just the feel and sound of those fibres rubbing together is as bad as any spider.
Strangely my grandmother had a similar problem I wonder if thats some sort of genetic memory or just a common thing?
Of course as soon as you say it someone very bravely decides to scrunch it in your face ...how brave!!

Anyway does anyone else have that sort of phobia or another ?

No pictures of cotton wool or spiders etc please!!

dragonfly
27-Aug-06, 20:19
you're not alone mostlyharmless, my duaghter has the same phobia, runs screaming from the room if she sees it lying around in the bathroom!:eek:

obiron
27-Aug-06, 20:22
i'm not too keen on drying stuff like a wooden spoon. drying wood sets my teeth on edge.

Moira
27-Aug-06, 20:26
I don't have a cotton wool phobia but I still shudder at the thought of having to bite on the stuff after having a tooth removed, in days gone by. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

The Angel Of Death
27-Aug-06, 21:23
Snap same hear with cotton wool and steel wool can stant to tough either of them sends shivers down me spine thinking about it

mostlyharmless
28-Aug-06, 00:13
Yes shivers down the spine thats it exactly, like chalk on a board for some .
And then they go and put it in hospitals and add to any pain by scunching it out of a packet and then touch me with the horrible stuff...sorry I'm calm now.

Lolabelle
28-Aug-06, 04:46
Wool, I can't stand the thought of kids chewing wool. And I can't break it with my teeth as it gives me the horrors. Wet wool, I think that is it.

Sporran
29-Aug-06, 07:03
I can't stand the sound of cotton wool scrunching ... I know that might sound strange just the feel and sound of those fibres rubbing together is as bad as any spider.
Strangely my grandmother had a similar problem I wonder if thats some sort of genetic memory or just a common thing?
Of course as soon as you say it someone very bravely decides to scrunch it in your face ...how brave!!

Anyway does anyone else have that sort of phobia or another ?

No pictures of cotton wool or spiders etc please!!

The sound of cotton wool scrunching doesn't bother me, but it's a pain in the neck trying to pull cotton wool out of a bottle of pills! I'll tell you what sound does bother me, though, and that's when people pop the bubbles in bubble wrap. Some folk enjoy doing it, but it gets on my nerves! :roll:

katarina
29-Aug-06, 08:50
The thought of wool of any kind between my teeth. (yarggggh) Nails against material (someone scratching their leg through their trousers) utensils against a plate, All of these together? Pure torture - I'd admit to anything!

Fluff
29-Aug-06, 09:16
for me it is the sound of brushing teeth. even thinking about is making me go nargh!
brushing my teeth can be abit of a nightmare sometimes!!

taylor.4
29-Aug-06, 20:23
my son has a right phobia of cotton wool, can't stand the sight of it and can't touch it. :confused