PDA

View Full Version : How do I connect laptop to TV

mrsmo
22-Feb-11, 17:08
I want to play my laptop through the TV for e.g. 4od, sky, music or anything else that I can do???
How do I do this, what do I need?
Help please.:confused

IT CAD Master
22-Feb-11, 17:23
Hi Mrsmo

You can start by letting us know what outputs/connections you havefrom your laptop and what inputs you have available on your TV, this would be a good start.

Then we can suggest what type of cable you need to do the job

Regards

ICM

mrsmo
22-Feb-11, 17:38
TV has HDMI 1 slot?
a bit to connect a D Sub cable?
bits to connect external A/V devices.
actually there is a lot of bits but I cant get into the back of the TV right now!!!

The laptop has the usual usb slots.
2 jack plugs red and blue?

Does this help at all??

Ricco
22-Feb-11, 21:23
I connect mine with just two simple leads. One is a typical monitor lead - there should be a blue D connector on your laptop to the video in on the TV. The other is an audio lead from the headphone socket on the laptop to the TV audio in socket. Works fine. ;-)

dx100uk
23-Feb-11, 01:08
most tv's have a VGA 13 pins D type socket on the back that mirrors the one on the rear of your laptop
you just need a std VGA<>VGA PC monitor lead, you'll also need a 3.5mm stereo male<>male lead for the audio [goes into headphones socket on PC, then to audio IN on TV]

if your tv has no VGA socket then you can buy HDMI<>VGA converter boxes off ebay but you'll still need the 3.5mm audio lead

but as sais we can keep guessing till you tell us the make and model number of your TV & PC

dx

IT CAD Master
23-Feb-11, 09:44
VGA D-types are 15 pin not 13

ICM

dx100uk
23-Feb-11, 10:08
thats why mine never work.......

dx

Ricco
23-Feb-11, 14:19
This is the setup I use.

This image show the Video out connector on the lappie.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/Ricco_T/connection2.jpg

This image shows the Video in (PC) connector on the back of the TV, as well as the two jack leads coming from the mini jack at the Audio out (micr) point on the lappie.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/Ricco_T/connection3.jpg

Hope you have success.

mrsmo
24-Feb-11, 17:19
Yes I have the 15 pin on the laptop and the tv!!! Just need to get the pc lead and the audio and give it a try!!
Thanks to all :)

avalon
04-Apr-11, 18:39
Any body wants to view T/V on there PC or Laptop go to www.tvcatchup.com . 36 channels freeview