PDA

View Full Version : Helllllpppp!!!

girnigoe
26-Aug-06, 23:30
My kids are driving me mad!!

The playstation has died! :cry:

Does any one happen to know where I might get it fixed or indeed if it is worth fixing?? Would I be just as well saving the pennies for a new one??

To start with the drawer wouldnt shut - now it does but it wont read the discs !!!????

S.O.S :grin:

Kingetter
27-Aug-06, 01:03
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=13625

Ann
27-Aug-06, 09:47
:lol: Kingetter, are you on commission?

Kingetter
27-Aug-06, 09:52
:lol: Kingetter, are you on commission?

Nope but saw someone advertising one for sale - so just a 'middleman'. have no idea about them - a pc is quite enough to cope with.

rockchick
27-Aug-06, 10:48
It's a gorgeous day...send them outside to play!!!

Kingetter
27-Aug-06, 11:01
It's a gorgeous day...send them outside to play!!!
Bring em back in - its raining!

girnigoe
27-Aug-06, 11:52
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=13625

Thanks for that but its a PS2 they have!

acameron
27-Aug-06, 12:02
Usual problem with over used PS2 is that the lens needs cleaned

Billy Boy
27-Aug-06, 12:57
Bring em back in - its raining!

why take them in ??
there's no such thing as bad weather with kids just inappropriate clothing.
when i was a kid i was never in, never had all these fancy gadgets just a wicked imagination thats what is wrong with kids now adays dont spend enough time outdoors:(

Carlo Gambino
27-Aug-06, 16:12
Give us an example of what you did as a kid in the rain then??

Hide & seek? Yes, Ill hide in the house & watch tv while you seek me in the rain:roll:

connieb19
27-Aug-06, 16:16
It was great playing outside in the rain!! I remember getting stuck in the mud at the Bignold Park one time. I ended up having to leave my wellies in the mud and walked home in my socks lol.:Razz

Billy Boy
27-Aug-06, 16:18
no actually i played in the puddles, played footie went carting, played on my bike the list goes on.
kids nowadays rarely go out and play because they have all the latest gadgets that mean they can sit in the house and be lazy no wonder we are a society with obese kids.

rockchick
27-Aug-06, 16:18
Where I grew up we were always making forts and tree-houses. When it rained, which is often on the west coast of Canada, we'd usually be inside our forts or planning a new one.

TV was only allowed on Sunday night, to watch "World of Disney" and the hockey game; never on a school night, even during the Stanley Cup season. My parents were stricter about tv than I am with my kids, but they still watch much less than their mates.

Billy Boy
27-Aug-06, 16:20
It was great playing outside in the rain!! I remember getting stuck in the mud at the Bignold Park one time. I ended up having to leave my wellies in the mud and walked home in my socks lol.:Razz

a know the feelin lol, been there done that many a time :lol:

connieb19
27-Aug-06, 16:22
a know the feelin lol, been there done that many a time
Last time was only a fortnight ago!! lol :lol: I used to love making mud pies and throwing them at peoples washing ..;)

Billy Boy
27-Aug-06, 16:27
Last time was only a fortnight ago!! lol I used to love making mud pies and throwing them at peoples washing ..;)

so your the trouble maker in the block lol :lol:

Carlo Gambino
27-Aug-06, 16:27
Ah , now I know who the girls are , that covered my washing 2 week s ago were, Connie & friends GRRRRRRR[evil]

connieb19
27-Aug-06, 16:29
Ah , now I know who the girls are , that covered my washing 2 week s ago were, Connie & friends GRRRRRRR[evil]
You should have taken your washing in then, instead of hiding in the house watching TV lol. :eek:

oldmarine
27-Aug-06, 16:32

Does any one happen to know where I might get it fixed or indeed if it is worth fixing?? Would I be just as well saving the pennies for a new one??

To start with the drawer wouldnt shut - now it does but it wont read the discs !!!????

My experience has shown it is best to start over again. Buy a new one!

scorrie
27-Aug-06, 16:47

Unless the discs are damaged then it is likely that the lens needs a clean as was mentioned. Alternatively the laser could be damaged. If that is the case then I would not recommend a repair unless you know of someone who could do it cheaply. A new ps2 will set you back around £95, second hand will be cheaper.

The Playstation 3 is released on 17th November this year and it plays the ps2 games. However the price is a bit steep. They are listed as being 499 Euros (£337) for the 20gb hard drive version and 599 Euros (£405) for the 60gb hard drive version.

No doubt they will be going like hot cakes, even at those prices, with Christmas on the horizon and there will be the usual mystery sell-outs in shops and inflated prices on eBay. (Honest guv, we never got our supply in. Now pardon me while I take this rather large box to the post office)

It is basically a repeat of the ps2 scenario where secondary sellers were asking between £600 and a £1000 for one. There were even death threats over it!! Resident Evil? Indeed!!

Carlo Gambino
27-Aug-06, 17:21
You should have taken your washing in then, instead of hiding in the house watching TV lol. :eek:

My tumble drier was broken & you come along & I had to wash it all again. No more mudslinging Do you hear, insults are on another thread

pedromcgrory
27-Aug-06, 17:42
place beside atlanta sports in thurso will reset the lense and give ur machine a clean cost me a tenner normally just resets to playstaion setting there is something on this forum which gives you step to step guide with pictures on it how to do it urself type search then fix playstation etc u should find it

girnigoe
27-Aug-06, 17:45
Thanks for all the replies. :grin:

I have just tried putting a lens cleaner in and it didnt work!

I dont think the discs are even turning....

Benn Murray
08-Nov-06, 18:07
I will give you the playstation with 10 games with it for 30 quid mate?? Write back soon

bigjjuk
08-Nov-06, 18:18
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SLIMLINE-SONY-PS2-PLAYSTATION-2-CONSOLE-NEW-AND-SEALED_W0QQitemZ230046030807QQihZ013QQcategoryZ113 28QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

u got 2 hours:)

98elite
08-Nov-06, 18:22
Woolworths in Wick has cleaning discs, worked on ours, worth a try

gofor
08-Nov-06, 19:32
contact sony they will replace it at a fraction of the price got a replacement for £45 3 months ago with 6 months warranty delivered within 48 hours

quality
08-Nov-06, 19:36
Has no one noticed the date of the thread is 27/08/2006.

girnigoe
09-Nov-06, 14:39
Thanks to all who wrote.

I eventually bought a second hand one from e-bay.

It was a lot less hassle..... :grin: