PDA

View Full Version : thinks happen when you post on the org.

cuddlepop
17-Feb-11, 17:29
I posted a request for wheat free recipes and got a few replys.

What I find "interesting" is that our coop was mentioned in as much as they never have what you want .
Low and behold without me pleading "genius" bread appeared on the shelfs this week.

Coincidence, or are the coop logging on.;)

Thanks by the way.:D

The Drunken Duck
17-Feb-11, 18:05
I would like ten million pounds. And a nymphomaniac lingerie model who is seriously hot for me. Oh, and a Pagani Zonda R.

*crosses fingers*

upolian
17-Feb-11, 18:15
I'll take a billion pounds,megan fox and a koenigsegg ccx

ducati
17-Feb-11, 18:34
forty quid, Susan Boyle and a Puch M50 Sport please :cool:

Corrie 3
17-Feb-11, 18:46
I want a fiver, Ann Widdecombe and a lovely hot summer !!

C3...:roll:;)

Garnet
17-Feb-11, 18:59
A previous post mentioned you could go to Tesco's and request items, so I went and asked for two items they used to stock...guess what..naw they don't stock them any more..not selling well.....arrrrg...but says I the minute they were on the shelf they dissappeared like mad...naw sorry nuthin ah can dae!!! maybe if they ordered more they'd sell more..NO? A well back to the drawing board......just thought..they ask you to tell them how they did...SO I'm off to tell them..not holding breath tho.

ps I just want to get the goods I'd like.

Kenn
17-Feb-11, 20:21
I'm miffed by the disapearance of frozen roast potatoes,tried three places in Thurso last week and non in stock also where have "Gravy Bones," gone, my doggie friends will be biting my hand off!
It's so annoying when one finds a product, buy it regularly and then suddenly it's not on the shelves any more.

George Brims
17-Feb-11, 20:21
I think it was Bill Bryson, the American writer, who told the story about the wee shop round the corner when he lived in Engerland for some years. He used to buy this one type of biscuit to eat with his afternoon tea. One day when he went to get some, there were none on the shelf. He asked the elderly couple who ran the place when they would be getting more in, and the lady said, "Oh we had to stop ordering those. They were too much bother. They were always running out"

orkneycadian
18-Feb-11, 01:02
I'm miffed by the disapearance of frozen roast potatoes....

Frozen roast tatties? :roll:

Whats wrong with just putting ordinary tatties in the oven, and roasting them?

Metalattakk
18-Feb-11, 02:31
Frozen roast tatties? :roll:

Whats wrong with just putting ordinary tatties in the oven, and roasting them?

It gets worse than that, you can get tins of boiled tatties.

Yup, boiled tatties.

In a can.

You just need to heat them up in a pan. http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z55/Metalattakk/f_doh.gif

My granny would be spinning in her grave, if she was alive today.

ducati
18-Feb-11, 09:11
It gets worse than that, you can get tins of boiled tatties.

Yup, boiled tatties.

In a can.

You just need to heat them up in a pan. http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z55/Metalattakk/f_doh.gif

Your never gonner believe this, you can get bread now-sliced, sliced!!!!!! :roll:

annemarie482
18-Feb-11, 09:49
Your never gonner believe this, you can get bread now-sliced, sliced!!!!!! :roll:

shocking!!

you can also get your cheese already grated for you, or bags of chopped onions! :eek:

no wonder obesity is on the rise! :roll:

Metalattakk
18-Feb-11, 10:49
shocking!!

/* bags off chopped onions! :eek:

Maybe that's a good thing. I mean, would you trust the type of person who would buy those with a knife? ;)

Turquoise
18-Feb-11, 11:09
Ready chopped veg is very handy for people with arthritis in their hands or those with broken arms or wrists.

orkneycadian
18-Feb-11, 11:09
:eek:

Just Googled Tesco frozen roast tatties - £2.00 for a 1 kg bag. - £2,000 a tonne (stick with me....)

This weeks farmers market report says the UK average for bulk wholesale tatties is £162 a tonne

Wholesale bagged tatties about £225 a tonne according to the market report.

Various folk selling them to the public at around £6.50 - £9 a 25 kg bag - £260 - £360 a tonne.

Now, folk say they need to shop at supermarkets because they cant afford to do anything other. Yet, they happily pay them up to 7.5 times more for their frozen roast tatties than they could if they just bought a half hundredweight at a time and shoved them in the oven - Admin, why haven't we got a a smiley who shakes his head in disbelief?

BOGOF at the supermarkets? BOGSAAHF (buy one, get 6 and a half free) if you shop wisely! And how much electricity would you use keeping 25 bags of frozen tatties frozen, when the half hundredweight bag would sit happily in the corner of the garage needing no electricity to maintain it?

billmoseley
18-Feb-11, 17:21
forty quid, Susan Boyle and a Puch M50 Sport please :cool:
my god i used to ride one of those around when i was 18 i loved it

ducati
18-Feb-11, 18:31

:eek::eek::eek:

upolian
18-Feb-11, 18:37

Better than riding Susan Boyle i suppose!!

Kenn
18-Feb-11, 18:48
Ok, ok I appreciate the economics but with just two of us a sack of potatoes would be gone to seed long before we could eat them and I only have room for a few rows in the garden although the mice who live under the shed might appreciate them!

orkneycadian
18-Feb-11, 23:37
Never a bit. Keep them in the right conditions and they'll keep for 6 months or more! Aside from supermarkets flying "new tatties" around the world, or them being forced on in artificial conditions, how do you think we managed to get tatties all year round before?

ducati
03-Apr-11, 23:56
:eek:

Just Googled Tesco frozen roast tatties - £2.00 for a 1 kg bag. - £2,000 a tonne (stick with me....)

This weeks farmers market report says the UK average for bulk wholesale tatties is £162 a tonne

Wholesale bagged tatties about £225 a tonne according to the market report.

Various folk selling them to the public at around £6.50 - £9 a 25 kg bag - £260 - £360 a tonne.

Now, folk say they need to shop at supermarkets because they cant afford to do anything other. Yet, they happily pay them up to 7.5 times more for their frozen roast tatties than they could if they just bought a half hundredweight at a time and shoved them in the oven - Admin, why haven't we got a a smiley who shakes his head in disbelief?

BOGOF at the supermarkets? BOGSAAHF (buy one, get 6 and a half free) if you shop wisely! And how much electricity would you use keeping 25 bags of frozen tatties frozen, when the half hundredweight bag would sit happily in the corner of the garage needing no electricity to maintain it?

When you add the cost of building a garage the economics make less sense though.:(

Beat Bug
04-Apr-11, 12:52
I think it was Bill Bryson, the American writer, who told the story about the wee shop round the corner when he lived in Engerland for some years. He used to buy this one type of biscuit to eat with his afternoon tea. One day when he went to get some, there were none on the shelf. He asked the elderly couple who ran the place when they would be getting more in, and the lady said, "Oh we had to stop ordering those. They were too much bother. They were always running out"

This reminds me of the village shop where we used to live. Shortly after new owners took it on, one of the local ladies used to work there part time. The new people had no idea of how to run a village shop, so the part-time help suggested getting in a block of cheese, and cutting it into portions to sell on (at a very good mark-up) After the first lot sold out, quite quickly I might add! the part-time help suggested getting more, as it was such a hit. The new owner said "Oh no, it's not worth it, it sold too quickly".

orkneycadian
04-Apr-11, 13:09
When you add the cost of building a garage the economics make less sense though.:(

Garage optional. You could always store them in the house, or even outside!

Kodiak
04-Apr-11, 15:28

I would hope that if your Granny was alive she would Not be in her grave, spinning or not.

joxville
04-Apr-11, 16:26
Things do happen when you post on the Org. Yesterday my left leg fell off!

OMG! My middle leg has just fallen off too. :(

orkneycadian
04-Apr-11, 17:15

I would hope that if your Granny was alive she would Not be in her grave, spinning or not.

Now, how did it go again? Oh yes......

Blackadder : Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
Baldrick : Yeah! It's like goldy and bronzy, only it's made of iron.