PDA

View Full Version : Big Pile Of Money!

Angel
07-Feb-11, 23:53
What do you do with with a pile of money when you get nothing in interest from the banks...

Are there any investment clubs in Caithness...

Angel...

Kodiak
08-Feb-11, 00:19
What do you do with with a pile of money when you get nothing in interest from the banks...

Are there any investment clubs in Caithness...

Angel...

What about a each way bet on the Horses at AYR, In the 15.20 on Saturday race "Reindeer Dippin" looks like a good bet. :Razz

Mrs Kodiak says that for a good investment buy an Antique or a Painting, something that will increase in value.

Geo
08-Feb-11, 00:21
Let me invest it for you! ;)

Phill
08-Feb-11, 00:24
How big is this pile?

DeHaviLand
08-Feb-11, 00:45
How big is this pile?

And are you single?;)

ducati
08-Feb-11, 01:25
Property is cheap just now, or a classic or vintage car or a collection of them if it is a really big pile.

Remember the value of investments can go down as well as up :eek:

oldmarine
08-Feb-11, 03:31
Let me invest it for you! ;)

George: Would that investment be from Angel's pocket to yours? lol.

northener
08-Feb-11, 07:45
Allow me to introduce myself.

I am General Aheyi Mbweki, a top being person at Nigeria.

Through fortuous indignation, I have made infitessimaly coherent amounts of cash from the diamonds that lie around on the ground in this great nations.

I am pleased to be wanting your honoured bank details to allow me to deposit my miliions away from evil grabbing persons of scrofulous repute. For this with what I am wanted, I will giv you 10% of my indigenously large protrusion of dollars and can also help you invest in your piles.

Pleased to be hearing from you.

CK

spurtle
08-Feb-11, 11:25
I know people who have put money into gold accounts through the net, but it all is kept in Switzerland, the ones that bought silver have had the biggest return of double over the last two years, but they say it's still worth it as it's still going up.If I had cash thats what I'd do.But make sure you don't go with anyone that specultes, make sure you are buying physical gold or silver. One kilo of silver was going for 250 - 300 two years ago, now its 750-900. That's not spot price

DeHaviLand
08-Feb-11, 12:19
I know people who have put money into gold accounts through the net, but it all is kept in Switzerland, the ones that bought silver have had the biggest return of double over the last two years, but they say it's still worth it as it's still going up.If I had cash thats what I'd do.But make sure you don't go with anyone that specultes, make sure you are buying physical gold or silver. One kilo of silver was going for 250 - 300 two years ago, now its 750-900. That's not spot price

Spurtle, are you qualified to give this kind of investment advice? Are you aware that when you give this advice, you also have to point out the very many pitfalls, explain the short term and long term risks? Gold or silver is not the best investment for money that you cant afford to lose.

Shabbychic
08-Feb-11, 12:38
How about a big night out for all on the org?:D:D

You might not make any money, but you'll sure make a lot of friends.;)

gingernut
08-Feb-11, 22:28

Through fortuous indignation, I have made infitessimaly coherent amounts of cash from the diamonds that lie around on the ground in this great nations.

I am pleased to be wanting your honoured bank details to allow me to deposit my miliions away from evil grabbing persons of scrofulous repute. For this with what I am wanted, I will giv you 10% of my indigenously large protrusion of dollars and can also help you invest in your piles.

CK

Very very funny. Cheered me up no end.

Angel
08-Feb-11, 23:05
Forget the gambleing Kodiak... Give me you bank details and I will deposit it there Geo... Six figures Phill... Where would you take me and why DeHaviLand... Property has some way to fall yet Ducati... Thanks for the warning Oldmarine... I know this is not your real name Northerner... I am looking into Silver and Gold thanks Spurtle... Now an Org party....hhhmmm theres and idea Shabbychic... oh and thanks for the P.M's. guys...

Angel...

Phill
08-Feb-11, 23:55
... Six figures Phill...Aahhh! An investor.....no wait, partner...senior partner! Welcome to the board!

golach
09-Feb-11, 00:02
On Joining Phill's bank, I am sure you will automatically earn a beeg bonus [lol]

oldmarine
09-Feb-11, 00:33

CK

Looks like some of my incoming mail directed to my junk file. lol.

DeHaviLand
09-Feb-11, 11:35
Where would you take me and why DeHaviLand...
Angel...

Im not planning on taking you anywhere, but with a 6 figure sum, I'll allow you to take me anywhere you like :)

northener
09-Feb-11, 16:41
Looks like some of my incoming mail directed to my junk file. lol.

You shouldn't have junked them, Old Leatherneck. Those were genuine opportunities that I sent you.........:Razz

spurtle
09-Feb-11, 17:49
Spurtle, are you qualified to give this kind of investment advice? Are you aware that when you give this advice, you also have to point out the very many pitfalls, explain the short term and long term risks? Gold or silver is not the best investment for money that you cant afford to lose.

Why would anyone assume to get professional advice on a community web? Any advice people want to take will always be at their own risk.

jumbledrainbow
09-Feb-11, 22:35
According to my OH there are two good investments you should do at the moment!

Student Accommodation in Istanbull or a parking space in Dubai?! :| Who knows how he finds these things out but he was telling me last night how much he wished he had the money to invest in it lol he's got all the info in case you want to know anything Angel! xx

scorrie
09-Feb-11, 22:56
Why would anyone assume to get professional advice on a community web? Any advice people want to take will always be at their own risk.

I would agree, this is hardly the Wall Street Journal here, and I don't recall seeing any of the other advice placed here being questioned and none of it was any more certain as an investmestment than the suggestion you made yourself.

oldmarine
10-Feb-11, 00:49
You shouldn't have junked them, Old Leatherneck. Those were genuine opportunities that I sent you.........:Razz

Right on northener. I always did miss out on good deals. GRIN!

Angel
11-Feb-11, 00:34
So there is no Share Clubs or entrepreneurs in Caithness then... looking for a Business Angel...

Angel...

David from Stockport
11-Feb-11, 01:04
best investing in something you already know about cos otherwise you could get ripped off and not realise until it is to late ,also if you have money to invest its not all about making lots more as fast as possible but also having fun doing something you enjoy .
Its been my ambition since i was about 22 to own my own card/gift shop up there in Caithness but could never afford it but ive just lent some money off my parents to start up selling cards Online ( www.theweecardshop.co.uk ) and hopefully one day I can earn enough to re-locate up there .
What im saying is think of your hobbies - do u like the gym? or maybe cooking ? start a business that gives you enjoyment and quality of life ,it may not make you as much as other investments but there is more to life than money ! Apart from opening a card shop id love to buy/sell property and love watching Homes under the hammer !!! what about that ?
If I won the lotto id love to buy John o Groats and brink it up to standard (id include a decent hotel /rest stop with pool/gym )
and id market it at sportsmen and guys doing charity Lands end - Groats events .

Good luck and above all enjoy !

Carole
12-Feb-11, 12:16
best investing in something you already know about cos otherwise you could get ripped off and not realise until it is to late ,also if you have money to invest its not all about making lots more as fast as possible but also having fun doing something you enjoy .
Its been my ambition since i was about 22 to own my own card/gift shop up there in Caithness but could never afford it but ive just lent some money off my parents to start up selling cards Online ( www.theweecardshop.co.uk ) and hopefully one day I can earn enough to re-locate up there .
What im saying is think of your hobbies - do u like the gym? or maybe cooking ? start a business that gives you enjoyment and quality of life ,it may not make you as much as other investments but there is more to life than money ! Apart from opening a card shop id love to buy/sell property and love watching Homes under the hammer !!! what about that ?
If I won the lotto id love to buy John o Groats and brink it up to standard (id include a decent hotel /rest stop with pool/gym )
and id market it at sportsmen and guys doing charity Lands end - Groats events .

Good luck and above all enjoy !

Good advice David. Best of luck with your business and ambition.

Leanne
12-Feb-11, 13:22
I have shares in coffee and cocoa - both continue to rise in price and there should always be demand. I've switched to rainforest alliance/fair trade now as they are due to the eco friendliness and the higher profit margin.

Now is a good time to invest in something with the share prices so low - possibility to make a huge profit when the economy recovers.

The other good thing of course is land - property can go down but land always increases.

ducati
12-Feb-11, 13:59
I'll sell you the county of Caithness. Hardly used £47.50 :eek:

David from Stockport
12-Feb-11, 14:03
Loved the reply from the General (via Northerner) but you do have to take care out there also never go into business with anyone cos it will cause problems in the end - How about running a deckchair business on an island in the Med ! looking out the window here it seems a good idea .
Hope you let us all know what you decide and once again good luck.