PDA

View Full Version : Singing Bowls

onecalledk
03-Feb-11, 17:47
Singing bowls are traditionally used to balance the chakras in the human body, using the different notes to bring the body back into balance.

I am trying to guage interest within the area for this therapy as I have a therapist who is keen to bring the singing bowls to caithness for workshops and for individual taster sessions.

Can anyone who would be interested please PM me.

thanks
K

onecalledk
03-Feb-11, 21:12
I had put this thread on and closed it as it was a general question but I have now opened it so that those who wish to debate singing bowls or wish to share experiences of singing bowls can post to it.

Details of the singing bowl taster sessions and singing bowl concert are now on the crystalline sanctuary website. A one day workshop is also being planned.

K

gleeber
03-Feb-11, 21:39
I have little doubt that a certain type of person will have an experience with singing bowls that may enhance there lives for half an hour. Got to be a good thing.
It also helps the therapist pay the rent whilst they keep their own chakras in balance. Never an easy task. To pay the rent that is.

orkneycadian
03-Feb-11, 23:56
I once couped a singing kettle on me chakras.

Never again. :eek:

Blarney
04-Feb-11, 00:22
I think that in this economic climate most Caithnessians would have better things to do with their money than explore singing bowls or dancing dishes or whatever else airy fairy nonsense someone has invented to part us from our hard earned cash. Do they honestly think that we are all gullible in the north?

scorrie
04-Feb-11, 15:31
Singing Bowls?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/SingingBowls.jpg

shazzap
04-Feb-11, 15:41
Singing Bowls?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/SingingBowls.jpg

Made me laugh out loud. [lol]

Claireabelle
04-Feb-11, 19:26
I never got in to the whole chakra side, but when I lived in Falmouth there was a shop that sold singing bowls and I loved them, I used to drag any visiting friends in to see them cause the guy would do a demonstration. I just thought they were cool. I could never afford to buy one though, and am still equally poor. They did fascinate me though and i was gutted when the shop closed down.

gardenergirl
04-Feb-11, 19:32
I think that in this economic climate most Caithnessians would have better things to do with their money than explore singing bowls or dancing dishes or whatever else airy fairy nonsense someone has invented to part us from our hard earned cash. Do they honestly think that we are all gullible in the north?

Dude, why so negative? :)

Liz
04-Feb-11, 19:39
Ha ha Scorrie that is great!

Ricco
04-Feb-11, 21:15
I have long been fascinated by these singing bowls. It is true that some seem to resonate at a restful frequency. Try this (http://www.bodhisattva-store.com/listings/?gclid=CPTypcSo76YCFQ4f4QodbXGfFw) site and sample a few of the sound bites to see what I mean.

orkneycadian
05-Feb-11, 11:34
Hmmm, they are upside down bells. If, as Blarney calls it, this "airy fairy nonsense" is proposed to work, would it not be a lot less hassle to get a recording of some upside down bells to listen to whilst chilling out and getting your chakras in order?

Thats what I do when I want to listen to some music, but cant be bothered to go to the hassle of bringing the musicians to my house. And on top of that, it costs an awful lot to get Rihanna to come and do a set in my living room.

Kodiak
05-Feb-11, 12:57
If these Singing Bowls are any good perhaps you should enter them in "The X-Factor". :D

scorrie
08-Feb-11, 20:23
Thanks to all who left positive feedback/rep for this thread and others. Much appreciated!!