PDA

View Full Version : Ness of duncansby tidal array project

EnergyHunt
03-Feb-11, 15:33
NESS OF DUNCANSBY TIDAL ARRAY PROJECT

Public Information Day

ScottishPower Renewables (SPR) is proposing to develop a tidal array, off the coast of
Duncansby Head in the Pentland Firth. The Tidal Array would consist of 95 tidal stream
generating devices that would be fully submerged on the seabed.

They have begun the ‘scoping’ process by consulting with Marine Scotland and now wish to engage with local stakeholders and the community to gather opinions on the proposed project.

They will be holding Public Information Days to update the local community and to answer any questions.

The venue and times for the public information days:

The Seaview Hotel, John O’Groats
Wednesday 16th February, 3pm until 7.30pm

Caithness Horizons, Old Town Hall, Thurso
Thursday 17th February, 3pm until 7.30pm

George Brims
03-Feb-11, 21:41
Is there anywhere on the web I can pick up the same information? I find this a really interesting topic, but I'm afraid driving to Groats from my house is not going to be possible (what with the Atlantic in the way).

Torvaig
03-Feb-11, 22:44
"As part of The Crown Estate’s Pentland Firth leasing round, ScottishPower Renewables has won the rights to develop a 95MW tidal site in waters in the north east of Scotland, off the coast at Duncansby Head."

Have a look at www.scottishrenewables.com (http://www.scottishrenewables.com) for more information. As usual its a long winded site with lots of pages but not much info but you will get a better idea of what they are about.

George Brims
04-Feb-11, 00:30
I looked at that site. An object lesson in how NOT to design a web site. Well at least it didn't have yellow type on a purple background. That's about the only thing that could have made it worse.

Torvaig
04-Feb-11, 18:05
Yes, I think the "designers" get carried away with all the bells and whistles etc., and forget to ensure the site is useable!