PDA

View Full Version : Sky Update

baggie boy
01-Feb-11, 10:09
Hi have orgers noticed their sky change this morning.

Channels moved but the channel select not changed to skyHD setup?

and also skyatlantic not on yet?

are we as usual last on list for updates?

baggie boy
01-Feb-11, 14:11
what about epg?

poppett
01-Feb-11, 14:23
Sky Atlantic 108HD loaded up for us this morning about 11am.

Kodiak
01-Feb-11, 15:13
The EPG update was done here at 11am as well. All working fine here and I am looking forward to some of the now programmes on SKY Atlantic.

baggie boy
01-Feb-11, 15:24
did the upgrade happen itself or did you have to do it yourself?

Kodiak
01-Feb-11, 15:29
did the upgrade happen itself or did you have to do it yourself?

It was an automatic update by SKY and I never had to do a thing. You can do a Forced Update but I have never had to do this. I was advised on how to do this but I have since long forgotten, sorry about that.

UPDATE

I am trying to get the info on how to do a Forced Update and If I get this info I will post.

baggie boy
01-Feb-11, 15:33
thanks for info ill wait a few hours to see if our updates on its own

Kodiak
01-Feb-11, 16:23
Removed post as info not necessary. !!

Moonboots
01-Feb-11, 16:32
You do not need to do a forced upgrade. This will not make any difference to the channel lineup. It would only upgrade the software if there is an update for it. The channel lineup is not done by a software update.

The channel lineup happened at 11am and will be shown through all epg's/boxes. The only difference is that if you subscribe to the HD package with Sky, You will see 107 etc showing the HD version channels.

If you do not subscribe to the HD package then it will still be showing the normal broadcast.

Hope this helps.

Kodiak
01-Feb-11, 16:42
There you go, I would listen to Moonboots as he Knows what he is talking about. So Just igore my previous post. :D

Moonboots
01-Feb-11, 16:57
Cheers Kodiak.

You didnt have to remove the forced update info tho.....

Hope i can explain this easier with the epg...

If you notice when you turn off your sky box at the main socket and put it back on.... You are unable to view the EPG content straight away (Please Wait)... This happens because it is collecting the information from the broadcasting satellite frequency before displaying it on screen.

Thats why i said an update of the EPG software will not make a difference as its all done at sky's end and thats why everyone would get the new lineup at the same time.

Hope that explains it better

purplelady
02-Feb-11, 00:07
Does anyone get ITV 1 +an hour if so what channel is it on as i cannot find it this is sky not freeview am asking about x

Moonboots
02-Feb-11, 10:07
theres no +1 for the main ITV channel. Dont know if they will ever do this. They do provide them for 2,3 and 4 though.

DrChin
02-Feb-11, 13:07
ITV1 has been advertising that they will be having a ITV1 +1 Channel. Mind you I have only seen it on ITVHD which I had to add to "Other Channels" myself. So it could be like ITVHD and not be added to the EPG and that most people, other than London Area, will have to add it to other channels. But in reality I do not know.

Liz
02-Feb-11, 14:28
There is ITV +1 on Freeview.

Moonboots
02-Feb-11, 15:09
Yes ITV1+1 started on the 11th January on Freeview. But not on Sky.

purplelady
03-Feb-11, 00:18
ho ok thanks for your replies i know they said there was aITV + 1 THOUGHT I WAS GOING MAD NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND IT XXXXXXXXXXXX