PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump

Garnet
01-Feb-11, 03:27
So...Mr Trumps says he's not and never has asked Aberdeen council for Compusory Purchase orders!!!!!

Well how come one of the 'threatened with' householders have a leaked copy of his (Trump's) application letter........makes you wonder about peoples honesty these days! [disgust]

Is that, that Wikieleaks at it again? :roll:

Cattach
01-Feb-11, 09:49
Donald Trump has Western Isles background and many of his countrymen, and indeed probably relatives, were forced off the land by the cruel landowners. He now uses similar tactics against anyone who stands in his way. One would have thought he would have had more sympathy for the poor and oppressed in our society.

pat
01-Feb-11, 10:05
Trump have sympathy - as long as he gets his way he does not give a monkeys cuss about anyone or anything.
His mother left Lewis to go to North America to make money and a new life, as did many on this island, as well as many folk in Caithness did the same.
I listened to his interview when he visited Lewis (not the one when he was 4 years old but the one fairly recently as he was going to Aberdeen to appeal his knock back!), such a self centred egotistical man I have yet to hear - his word is law and what he wants no one is allowed to say no.
I will try to obtain a copy of his interview, someone is bound to have recorded it on the isles here.
All he kept on saying for his reason for not visiting Lewis since he was 4 years old was business, business, business!!!! Full of bluster, wind and nothing much else other than a bully.
All he cares about is getting his own way and making more money - it is the housing he is more interested in than anything else, to make a quick buck or two!

George Brims
01-Feb-11, 19:05
Send him home, along with that thing that lives on his head.

Bazeye
01-Feb-11, 19:22
Send him home, along with that thing that lives on his head.

Looks like its been dead for years to me.

Corrie 3
01-Feb-11, 19:25
Looks like its been dead for years to me.
Dont be daft, Shredded Wheat doesnt die.

C3,,,,

The Drunken Duck
01-Feb-11, 21:23
Donald Trump has Western Isles background and many of his countrymen, and indeed probably relatives, were forced off the land by the cruel landowners. He now uses similar tactics against anyone who stands in his way. One would have thought he would have had more sympathy for the poor and oppressed in our society.

I was in the White Horse bar in Balmedie the other night Cattach. Those "poor and oppressed" from the Menie Estate were throwing booze down their necks at a fair rate. I live in Ellon just along the road and trust me, they arent poor or oppressed !!, go the Menie Estate and see for yourself. Its a dump.

People here in Aberdeenshire, an overwhelming majority, want the development. It always amuses us that others rant on about sending Trump home when this development doesn't affect them. If you dont like the guy fair enough but people here are rather better informed, for obvious reasons, and we regard all the non locals who keep telling us what to do with mild amusement. Mainly because they wouldnt know or care about the very people they are pretending to champion if Trump had not proposed this development. When I am home I often hear people in Wick complaining about Inverness interfering in Caithness matters. Which makes the frequent threads on here all the more ironic. It doesnt affect anyone in Caithness, and people here are quite happy about it. Its bemusing why people on this site keep bringing the subject up.

Doug Country
02-Feb-11, 14:03
I was in the White Horse bar in Balmedie the other night Cattach. Those "poor and oppressed" from the Menie Estate were throwing booze down their necks at a fair rate. I live in Ellon just along the road and trust me, they arent poor or oppressed !!, go the Menie Estate and see for yourself. Its a dump.

People here in Aberdeenshire, an overwhelming majority, want the development. It always amuses us that others rant on about sending Trump home when this development doesn't affect them. If you dont like the guy fair enough but people here are rather better informed, for obvious reasons, and we regard all the non locals who keep telling us what to do with mild amusement. Mainly because they wouldnt know or care about the very people they are pretending to champion if Trump had not proposed this development. When I am home I often hear people in Wick complaining about Inverness interfering in Caithness matters. Which makes the frequent threads on here all the more ironic. It doesnt affect anyone in Caithness, and people here are quite happy about it. Its bemusing why people on this site keep bringing the subject up.

Couldn't have said this better myself.

Garnet
03-Feb-11, 01:17
Well DD and DC, possibly you are just as judgemental as those of us you berate, maybe just maybe DD they were celebrating the possible lifting of the CP which was or wasn't ever made, as for the term 'poor' that might not have been directed at their monetary status, maybe some of the people on here are better informed than you both think maybe we have family, friends or contacts in that area, just because you call it a tip which it might well be but it's THEIR tip and they're happy with it and why should it bother you at all DD as you say you live in Ellon!!!! as for you DC you're in the back of beyond..which one is that, in the Menie Estate? Or just a case of the POT calling the Kettle Black. Just asking. lots of xxx's G.