PDA

View Full Version : Snow on Thursday?

neepnipper
31-Jan-11, 18:32
Saw the countryfile weather forecast and they said snow for up here on Thursday, Tugs, please tell me it's not true!!!

poppett
31-Jan-11, 18:49
Please not snow on Thursday...............we have to go to Arbroath and have only just recovered from our last snowy adventure in November.

ciderally
31-Jan-11, 19:09
NOoooooooooooooooooooo

lindsaymcc
31-Jan-11, 21:56
PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Granny hopefully getting out of hospital on Thursday!

Stack Rock
31-Jan-11, 23:29
We're in for severe gales late Thurs / Friday morning as well as possible snow according to the weather sites.

unicorn
31-Jan-11, 23:41
It is the time of year for it and we always get snow in February so I would be expecting it for sure.

Tugmistress
01-Feb-11, 10:38
sorry, i've been a little preoccupied, just had a quick look at the charts from this morning (which are not the ones i usually use but i am away at lunch down to bradford and back so can't use normal ones).
it's looking like snow possible from thursday through til about monday or tuesday, late thursday night early friday morning is going to be a bit of a nasty hooligan from the west, possibly gusting as high as around 75mph.

chaz
01-Feb-11, 10:47
Ah ha and im well stocked this time lol :) Thank you Tugmistress xx

lindsaymcc
01-Feb-11, 11:43
Do we think its going to be bad snow or fairly light? I need to get through to Wick every day this week, and my dad is arriving next Wednesday and needs picked up from Inverness!! Why is it Dad always comes when the weather turns?!

chaz
01-Feb-11, 11:48
Do we think its going to be bad snow or fairly light? I need to get through to Wick every day this week, and my dad is arriving next Wednesday and needs picked up from Inverness!! Why is it Dad always comes when the weather turns?!

Maybe your dad has a jinx on the weather :) lol x

Tugmistress
01-Feb-11, 12:47
it could be quite heavy at times, though the wind will keep it from lying i think but driving will be 'interesting' ! probably get some sleet and rain in with it too - typical caithness really lol

chaz
01-Feb-11, 12:56
it could be quite heavy at times, though the wind will keep it from lying i think but driving will be 'interesting' ! probably get some sleet and rain in with it too - typical caithness really lol
Im looking forward to your posts about any heatwaves lol xx

ducati
01-Feb-11, 13:17
sorry, i've been a little preoccupied, just had a quick look at the charts from this morning (which are not the ones i usually use but i am away at lunch down to bradford and back so can't use normal ones).
it's looking like snow possible from thursday through til about monday or tuesday, late thursday night early friday morning is going to be a bit of a nasty hooligan from the west, possibly gusting as high as around 75mph.

Blimey! That's a long way to go for lunch :eek:

neepnipper
03-Feb-11, 08:57
Have a light smattering of the white stuff this morning and feeling very cold out there.

Tugmistress
03-Feb-11, 10:21
Blimey! That's a long way to go for lunch :eek:

haha i went for breakfast ;) got back home last night about 10pm !

Commore
03-Feb-11, 16:54
Saw the countryfile weather forecast and they said snow for up here on Thursday, Tugs, please tell me it's not true!!!

Its snowing here now! and wild and windy too ;)