PDA

View Full Version : Talking about cleaning..any way I can clean the lining of my leather bag?

Dadie
25-Jan-11, 14:35
As the title says!
Its my changing bag/sack of tat that gets carted everywhere.
My sisters cat peed on my coat and think he got the lining of my bag too, but, the inside of my bag was starting to look grubby anyway....
Can I chuck it in the washing machine or will it need dry cleaned?
I cant do without it for more than a couple of days!
Forgot to say the lining is cotton with leather trims...

pat
25-Jan-11, 15:01
what material is in lining - usually something that shrinks when wet!.

You could use babywipes to completely clean the lining - works very well and leaves it smelling fresher too

or

would not suggest you wash the whole bag - you could pulling lining so it is outside bag then wash lining carefully, dry lining well in a towel then leave with lining hanging out to finish drying

poppett
25-Jan-11, 15:05
I have used Pat`s second suggestion a number of times with good success.

Hoida
25-Jan-11, 16:09
I throw everything in to the washing machine and wash it on a very low temperature for a quick wash and short spin and so far have had no real disasters.

Beat Bug
25-Jan-11, 18:54
Turn the whole bag inside out, and spray it with Febreeze (pet one)

Dadie
25-Jan-11, 20:07
You should see the pile of stuff I emptied out the bag!
All essential items:eek:
Box of wipes, nappies, spare clothes (fullset and an extra lot of bottoms for Iona), bibs, cuddly toy, colouring book and crayons, bottle of juice, Euans bottle, spoons, hairclips, hello kitty plasters, chocolate bar and a tangerine....the only thing that could really be classed as mine was a pen!
My mobile,keys and purse are usually in my jeans!
It has survived Hoidas suggestion, though the lining is quite a bit darker than it was, it looks and smells better!
Couldnt just febreeze as the baby bottles get put in it and the thought of cat pee yuck!