View Full Version : FAO Anfield

Bazeye
09-Jan-11, 19:04
Sorry mate, couldnt resist it. :lol:

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8992/2yvtelt.jpg

Anfield
09-Jan-11, 19:52
Love it.

Make the most of it. We will definitely win the league next year, problem is that might be Championship!

At least Hodgson has gone (with a reported pay off of £7.5 M)

Things can only get better

Anfield
10-Jan-11, 12:11
Lverpool lost because we had two players less than ManU.
Gerrard sent off for a tackle that was at worst a yellow card, and utds extra man:
this man:

Chrisf1961
10-Jan-11, 13:20
Hi Anfield i was a bit suprised tbh that Roy Hodgson went...what goes it gain? Ita like the Keegan thing that happened at Newcastle were the fans wanted him back but it didnt work.

Love it.

Make the most of it. We will definitely win the league next year, problem is that might be Championship!

At least Hodgson has gone (with a reported pay off of £7.5 M)

Things can only get better

Anfield
10-Jan-11, 18:46
Hi Anfield i was a bit suprised tbh that Roy Hodgson went...what goes it gain? Ita like the Keegan thing that happened at Newcastle were the fans wanted him back but it didnt work.

To the vast majority of LFC supporters (read somewhere that 90% wanted him out) it came as no surprise that Hodgson was sacked, the biggest surprise was that it took so long.
My own feelings were that he should have gone about 3 months ago, after the Northampton, Blackpool & Everton defeats.

He was never a popular choice and most forums agreed that he was out of depth, he was trying to manage Liverpool like he managed Fulham i.e playing for a draw away from home and playing one man up front at home.

At Liverpool he further bermused fans with his team selections, playing people out of position and signing the likes of Poullson (well past his sell by date) and Konchelskis (would not get a game playing for Wick)

He also had a habit of making crass press statements such as claiming that we were the better team when Everton hammered us and failing to defend his players when other managers attacked them (Whisky Nose against Torres)

As for Kenny Dalglish, I feel that is a good move by Liverpool but not such a good move by Dalglish.
Dalglish on Merseyside (myself included in exile) holds God like status and an awful lot will be expected of him.

I am convinced that we have a manager signed up to take over in the close season, and that Dalglish's appointment was made to steady the ship and stop the exodus of players who were unhappy with Hodgson.
I think the best we can hope for this year is a top 4 finish, but this will mean the players playing to the best of their ability, we can not afford to carry passengers. (Incidentally one of the press comments made by Hodgson was that he inherited a bad squad of players, but this squad included the likes of Torres and Kuyt who played in World cup Final along with Gerrard , Reina, Carragher and a whole host of other international players. Most managers in Europe would have loved these players in their teams.)
Realistically, I think a 5th or 6th place finish and maybe a good run in the "Thursday Cup" that is providing we do not get Howard Webb every match

fifa king
11-Jan-11, 21:25
liverpool lost because they were never in the game,playing a striker (torres) who doesnt even try and doesnt want to be there,defender making stupid rash mistimed tackle in the box after 40 secs and most importantly the so called "captain" gerrard making a crude two feeted studs up lunge at carrick and getting sent off leaving the rest of the midfield to fight a losing battle.look closer to home before you blame the so called "12th" man and everything else for the way your team lay down.you were beatin fair and square itl take more than daglish to haul the current shower of sh*te wearing the shirts up the league.

KEEP THE RED FLAG FLYING HIGH CAUSE MAN UNITED WILL NEVER DIE

Amy-Winehouse
14-Jan-11, 12:03
Liverpool are nonsense , Great to see Steve Gerard finally get a red card- its been a long long time coming. Torres doesnt look fit or interested anymore .

Im no Manyoo fan but it looks like they are going to be top dogs once & for all come May- well done Fergie, It would be great if he could win another 2 CL titles as well before he retires but with the present United squad Im not so sure, The standard of the EPL appears to have dropped this season, Blackpool having done the double over the dippers :) & playing so well against all the other teams, newcastle are hardly struggling either. Then there s Ipswich, horsed 7-0 by Chelsea then beat Arsenal 1-0 !!! I know its the league cup but thats still a great result