PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!!!!

Billy Boy
19-Aug-06, 11:17
My darling daughter has just managed to get bright cerise felt pen on my cream leather sofa, i have managed to get the worst of it off with vodka ( which believe me i could just sit and drink right now) and nail varnish remover, but there is still a faint mark can anyone suggest anything that might remove the remaining stain.
and no i dont want to get another sofa, (daughter maybe) :lol: :lol:

pultneytooner
19-Aug-06, 11:18
My darling daughter has just managed to get bright cerise felt pen on my cream leather sofa, i have managed to get the worst of it off with vodka ( which believe me i could just sit and drink right now) and nail varnish remover, but there is still a faint mark can anyone suggest anything that might remove the remaining stain.
and no i dont want to get another sofa, (daughter maybe) :lol: :lol:
Hairspray is very good for removing marker pen stains.

footie chick
19-Aug-06, 11:19
WD40 works for somethings cant remember if its for sticky stuff or pen?:confused

Billy Boy
19-Aug-06, 11:19
Hairspray is very good for removing marker pen stains.

cheer lol i'll give that a try.
not ask how you know that one:lol:

pultneytooner
19-Aug-06, 11:23
cheer lol i'll give that a try.
not ask how you know that one:lol:

I never did nuffin'.....http://www.tri-tavern.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/whistlingb.gif

Billy Boy
19-Aug-06, 11:25
cheers pultneytooner, just got the mark off, thats a huge dram i owe you lol.
now a just got to get mr billy boys teeth marks oot o the door, where he bit it when he saw the marks ha ha.:lol:

now have to find something to remove the smell of Vodka,Nail Varnish Remover & hairspray:lol:

cheers footie chick the WD40 works wonders in getting crayon out of things been there before too.

pultneytooner
19-Aug-06, 11:29
No probs mrs billyboy, glad you got it sorted.:D

saxovtr
19-Aug-06, 11:29
spoke to a m8 and he said that he used volvo anti freeze to take ink out his cream leather suete and it worked no problems at all!!

Billy Boy
19-Aug-06, 11:31
spoke to a m8 and he said that he used volvo anti freeze to take ink out his cream leather suete and it worked no problems at all!!

lol a will bear that in mind but i hope to never have a repeat preformance or my darling daughter could end up in the free stuff section :lol:

connieb19
19-Aug-06, 11:32
cheers pultneytooner, just got the mark off, thats a huge dram i owe you lol.
now a just got to get mr billy boys teeth marks oot o the door, where he bit it when he saw the marks ha ha.:lol:

now have to find something to remove the smell of Vodka,Nail Varnish Remover & hairspray

cheers footie chick the WD40 works wonders in getting crayon out of things been there before too.Oh, he found his teeth then, well done!! :lol:

Billy Boy
19-Aug-06, 11:33
Oh, he found his teeth then, well done!! :lol:

yeah lol we had a long hard search to find them too:lol:

Ricco
19-Aug-06, 16:03
lol a will bear that in mind but i hope to never have a repeat preformance or my darling daughter could end up in the free stuff section :lol:

I hear that the Army & Navy stores in Inverness do a really good line in strait-jackets. lol

brandy
19-Aug-06, 16:07
*laughs* hun next time try baby wipes first .. it will take the worst of it off usually... without the smell... just have to get that last bit off!
and cream cleaner usually does the rest.. also toothepaste is great for removing stauns without the smell.
all i can suggest right now is soapy water for the smell!!
good luck!

j4bberw0ck
19-Aug-06, 18:52
So here I am with a houseful of smallish boys - OK teenagers - celebrating a birthday. Mrs J4bberw0ck had the incredible good sense to find an excuse to go out for a while, leaving me to make cheeseburgers, chips and all the usual garbage kids love to eat. Success, except while grilling the burgers I needed to pour excess fat out of the grill pan...... it was going well until a burger dropped into it and splattered hot fat on the floor (sorted) the cooker (sorted) and my cotton polo shirt (not sorted). It it had been red, you might think I'd been machine-gunned across the abdomen. :roll:

I doubt if hairspray, baby wipes or WD40 are the answer but the combined stain-removal expertise in here seems awesome. Has anyone got a magic bullet for getting fat stains out of cotton, please? Thank you!

<Note to self - you may think you look stupid in a pinny but they were invented for a purpose. Stupid boy > http://www.fadbeens.co.uk/phpBB2/images/smiles/coquin_fessee2.gif

changilass
19-Aug-06, 18:58
Spray it with cilit bang and shove it in the machine, works for me, either that or put brown paper above and below and iron, this should help to soak it up.

Hope this helps:D

Billy Boy
19-Aug-06, 19:01
use a paper towel to blot out as much as you can then apply baking soda or talcum powder or cornstarch rub it gently and then let it sit for 15/30 minutes to allow it to absorb more grease brush the powder off and check the stain you might have to repeat the process if there is a lot on it

j4bberw0ck
19-Aug-06, 19:11
Thanks, folks! Away to find some talcum powder and Cillit Bang.......... :lol:

Naefearjustbeer
19-Aug-06, 19:20
try putting brown wrapping paper on it and then run a hot iron over the paper the iron should melt the grease and the paper should soak it up.

canuck
19-Aug-06, 19:31
Happy birthday to the Leo child.

Dish washing liquid with a little water and an old tooth brush to work it in might do it. Let it sit for awhile then wash in the laundry.

j4bberw0ck
19-Aug-06, 21:19
Happy birthday to the Leo child.

Thanks, Canuck. This one's a real Leo.... :roll:

Good kid though :D

MadPianoPlayer
19-Aug-06, 21:46
well i heard milk is very good for taking milk off o things. Try that.

Ricco
20-Aug-06, 08:23
Milk is very good for getting ink (not Biro) out of clothing - just soak for an hour or two.

Billy Boy
20-Aug-06, 13:15
milk is also great for cleaning the bottom of an iron of you happen to burn what you are ironing:roll:

Billy Boy
20-Aug-06, 13:17
maybe we should ask niall to start a whole new section on stain removal ;)

j4bberw0ck
20-Aug-06, 16:00
Spray it with cilit bang and shove it in the machine, works for me, either that or put brown paper above and below and iron, this should help to soak it up.

Hope this helps:D

Outstanding result - thanks changilass. Didn't have any Cillit Bang so used a good spray of "Armor All Multi Purpose Cleaner" which I originally bought from a car spares shop to clean my bike with. When I looked closely at the list of things it claims to do / clean it said it could be used as a "laundry pretreatment for grease removal". It wouldn't have occurred to me to put that stuff near clothes.

You live and learn. :D

golach
20-Aug-06, 16:47
try this web site it has good suggestions

http://www.hintsandthings.co.uk/

canuck
20-Aug-06, 16:55
try this web site it has good suggestions

http://www.hintsandthings.co.uk/

Looks like a good site. Thanks.