PDA

View Full Version : Tigers Milk - wine

catherine nicol
03-Sep-04, 22:11
Well girls of WHS 1977 -1981. We were discussing our very first favourite tipple (other than the sneaked merrydown cider!) or should I have said first favourite legal tipple.

Guess what I found last week? Yes a bottle of that oh so memorable Tigers Milk. I bought a bottle immediately and when I got home I stuck it in the freezer for a quick chill....tasting it already! mmmmm mmmmmm

You can get yours in the wee grocer shop between MacKays clothes store and MacBeaths the jewellers in Thurso, £3.99 a bottle which is very cheap by todays standards.

I must admit that my taste buds have changed over the years as it wasn't quite the tipple I remember, mind you still a very smooth drink just sweeter than I now like.

Enjoy the trip down memory lane if nothing else.

Great catching up with you all recently, must do it again soon Pamela, Mandy, Bibby and Elaine.

©Amethyst
04-Sep-04, 09:56
Yes, J. A. Mackay's has a great range of wines. I bought Tigers Milk for a friend of mine as a thank ye gift, she said it was lovely. I keep meaning to buy some for myself, but keep forgetting... ah well.