PDA

View Full Version : Error code 8024002D

scaraben
04-Jan-11, 22:41
Windows Update tried to download Office XP service pac 3. But the following
error accoured 8024002D I cannot find out what this error is or how to complete the download. Can someone help me please ?

dx100uk
05-Jan-11, 00:27
thats error typically means that your version of 'xxxx' software needs the installation disc in the cd drive to complete the update.

have you a disc you first installed office xp from?
or did it come pre installed when you got it?

dx

scaraben
06-Jan-11, 00:05
Initially I had Vista home basic, but you changed it to Vista Ultimate. The disc I have is still Vista Home basic.
Consequently I can't download the update when I insert the disc !!!

dx100uk
06-Jan-11, 02:06
no thats your OS not office

what version of office are your trying to update?
launch word - do help/about

then you need that disc/source

dx

scaraben
06-Jan-11, 21:01
No 1 problem : no thats your OS not office .............. What's OS ? ( This is my Vista Ultimate ) what version of office are your trying to update? ............ Microsoft 2002 launch word - do help/about .......... Uncertain about what you mean by do help/about ? Further, I did a scan and it told me that my driver was old and out of date !

2. However, I now have a second problem, but this time its with my OLD computer. ( A Compact using XP ) When I try to open up it says : " Disc boot failure, insert system disc AND PRESS ENTER " I have put the disc in and pressed enter but no joy !! I still can't get it to start up. H.

then you need that disc/source

dx100uk
06-Jan-11, 23:04
OS is operating system - windows like you have vista ult.

to find out the version of office you have laaunch word
and on the menu bar hit help then about. - that will be the disc you need.

as for the other compaq - you need to make sure that you have the correct boot device selected - there might be an on screen button [F*] to hit to select the boot device [hdd,cd, lan etc]

perhaps my son could pop around.

dx