PDA

View Full Version : Wireless keyboard

Kenn
29-Dec-10, 00:24
Mine is driving me nuts, it seems to have a mind of it's own!
Any one else suffered the same problems?

dx100uk
29-Dec-10, 00:54
try movin your base station of any wander phone awy from the keyboard

whats going on . missed chrs#

dx

Niall Fernie
29-Dec-10, 01:13
I've always stuck to having a wired keyboard and a wireless mouse.

The odd mouse squeek I can handle but keyboards going off on one can be very frustrating.

Also look at, does it happen when your microwave is on. Do you also have a wireless network? (perhaps changing its channel might help)

EDDIE
29-Dec-10, 17:32
Have you spilled anything on the keyboard in the past? Im quite clumsy i have spilled quite few times on the keyboard and that will make thinks stick on off you can strip a keyboard down and clean it

Kenn
29-Dec-10, 23:25
Keyboard is new, not near any phone, goes walk about at almost any time it chooses so can only think that it might be the proximity to the the tower?

dx100uk
30-Dec-10, 00:09
please describe what is happening.

dx

Kenn
30-Dec-10, 00:39
The keys seem to stick .....or at least do not respond..can't be more definitive that that.

dx100uk
30-Dec-10, 02:12
has this just started doing this after working happily before?

dx

Kenn
30-Dec-10, 11:35
No, but we have only had the new base station 3 weeks and the keyboard came with it.Have tried moving it and tilting it ,will be working fine and then freezes up, batteries have been replaced.

dx100uk
31-Dec-10, 03:57
use a search engine and goto the makers site for he model number of the keyboard and download and install the latest drivers.

dx

Kenn
03-Jan-11, 01:07
YEHAA problem solved, changed the aerial port after a chat with son.

dx100uk
05-Jan-11, 00:21
aerial port?

dx

Kenn
05-Jan-11, 00:49
May not have used the right term, there are several places that the wireless aerial will plug into the tower, have moved it to the front and now it seems to be fine.

Give me a long wire and a morse key any day beats all this new fangled technology!

dx100uk
05-Jan-11, 00:51
ah talking my language - me and the mrs are both hams!

you mean the keyboard USB wireless dongle then

well done

dx