PDA

View Full Version : Bins were Emptied !!

Kodiak
27-Dec-10, 14:59
I never expected this to happen but our Bins were emptied today about 01.30 hrs.

Well done to the Refuse Collectors for getting up our road as the snow has never been cleared.

Now all we need is a gritter to come up and lay down some grit so that we can get out.

poppett
27-Dec-10, 15:06
Well done indeed.

Given your mobility problems Kodiak, if you phone the council and ask them to pass information to roads and transport they will put your road on the round for the gritter. Either that or email R & T direct, asking for a grit box if there is somewhere safe you can have that near your house. Our gritbox has been a godsend this year as even the gritter has been stuck on the hill.

They tend to just grit our street as if they plough it blocks in all the cars and the disabled drivers can`t dig them out.

Just ask...................the worst they can do is say "No"..................then you ask "Why not".

Kodiak
27-Dec-10, 15:49
Thank you poppett for that advice. I have now sent a e-mail to the roads dept and I now wait to see if it will do any good. I hope so as I do will need to get ot soon to get some supp;ies etc.

poppett
27-Dec-10, 16:26
Follow it up with a phone call if necessary. 805500. I have had to phone twice for other people stranded in and both times the response was within hours rather than days.

lindsaymcc
27-Dec-10, 17:12
I emailed the head of R&T at the end of the last lot of snow to highlight the issues on our street, and although I never recieved a reply, this time around our street has been gritted and ploughed a lot more than last time! Even had a plough down here on Christmas day!

Hope it works for you Kodiak!

Kodiak
27-Dec-10, 18:52
I hope that the road gets some sort of attention as this is how it looked this morning :-

http://i54.tinypic.com/33y0237.jpg