PDA

View Full Version : Itsa Thawing wahoo!

Chrisf1961
26-Dec-10, 13:38
Yes bye bye snow adios ....i cant wait till i can see the green grass of the garden again ....but wait someone is going to tell me ....theres more on the way soon !

Chrisf1961
26-Dec-10, 13:46
Just seen Tugs update on sticky :~(

chaz
26-Dec-10, 14:00
lol cant see grass still under 2ft but i thought it was going till i also saw tuggs sticky:eek::~(

Tugmistress
26-Dec-10, 14:21
Sorry :o

Both Bob and I are watching it carefully and we're both surprised how the temp has stayed down compared to what the charts were telling us. hopefully i'll be able to tell you better news or at least more reliable news when it's a bit closer to hogmanay :roll:

chaz
26-Dec-10, 14:26
Sorry :o

Both Bob and I are watching it carefully and we're both surprised how the temp has stayed down compared to what the charts were telling us. hopefully i'll be able to tell you better news or at least more reliable news when it's a bit closer to hogmanay :roll:

you are reliable,think we owe you a huge gift or at least a few beers for your updates, now christmas is over would quite like to be snowed in:lol:

Stack Rock
26-Dec-10, 15:48
4.3 C in Wick presently with a fresh SSE ly

Tugmistress
26-Dec-10, 15:53
it's a damn sight wamer there then! 0.9c here :(

billmoseley
26-Dec-10, 16:09
still freezing out here at kirtomy the roads look lethal. soon be summer

Dadie
26-Dec-10, 16:15
Hoping it thaws enough to unblock our frozen pipe!
Only pipe to freeze and it had to be the waste water one from the loo at the backdoor:eek:
Its on a different line to the manhole than the rest!
Found out at lunchtime yesterday...

ShelleyCowie
26-Dec-10, 21:39
Hoping it thaws enough to unblock our frozen pipe!
Only pipe to freeze and it had to be the waste water one from the loo at the backdoor:eek:
Its on a different line to the manhole than the rest!
Found out at lunchtime yesterday...

Not good! :( Probably the worst pipe to freeze! Really hope it thaws out for ya soon Dadie!

Im desperate for the snow to go. People are shoveling their pathways......onto the main paths! Mountains of snow all over the path, have some common sense peoples and throw it on ur garden or something! :(

Dadie
26-Dec-10, 21:47
Aye sooking out the loo with the carpet washer wasnt high up on my wish list as things to do on Christmas day:eek:
Along with the floor....
We locked the door on the outside with a knife to stop anyone using the loo as I did not want to bail it out after being used!
Its slowly emptying now..so im going to chuck a few buckets of hot water down it..might defrost it quicker!
I was too lazy/couldnt be bothered to find the manhole under the snow yesterday..and thought it was warmer today...so no need to get the drain rods out:lol:

ShelleyCowie
27-Dec-10, 00:10
Definetely thawing now! Water running down the house. Can also see part of the road out front! Hooray! Really sick of the snow now! :( infact it wasnt even really snow we had this time, more ice!!

Vistravi
27-Dec-10, 00:26
I can see a bit of our garden! Really wish i had cleared out path so it was the same width cleared the whole way down. Struggled to get the buggy up it over the ice blocks. A almost flat tyre on the buggy did not help lol. Teach me to put of blowing them up!
Lots of wet puddles coming from the mounts of snow at the edge of the puddles which is fabulous to see!

poppett
27-Dec-10, 15:35
The snow I scooped from the path and pavement outside the house is all piled up in the front garden. Snow slithered off the roof front and back at the same time late last night................eerie that was.

Castlegreen road is really bad today with cars parking on the road which has been cleared, not at the kerbside, so weaving around them.

billmoseley
27-Dec-10, 16:11
just driven to wick and back left here 0c got to wick 5 c drove back 0c can some please turn up the thermostat here please[lol]

Tugmistress
27-Dec-10, 17:06
Wick is definately warmer than Thurso! Strange micro climates up here!