PDA

View Full Version : What are you all having for Christmas?

ShelleyCowie
24-Dec-10, 11:44
Well i know some people have slightly alternative Christmas dinners so just wondering what you are all having. (yes im just being nosey)

For Christmas lunch we are having some bacon croissants, nice and light. Will also have lentil soup ready if anyone doesnt want bacon croissants :Razz

Dinner time - Soup for starter if anyone wants it, Chicken for main (wrapping bacon around it), roast tatties, creamy tatties, brussel sprouts, sweetcorn, stuffing, piggys in blankets, yorkshire puddings, parsnips, brocolli, green beans, loads of delicious chicken stock gravy too! (mouth watering right now)

Pudding is either a toffee cheese cake, rocky road cheese cake, ben + jerrys ice cream or hot mince pies with vanilla ice cream. merangues + Toffee + cream, Also got plenty sauces for ice cream.

Crivens i cant wait! And thats just 2 adults and 3 kids eating that! haha. Hopefully if some other people post i will get some more ideas to add to mine!

Hope you all have a great Christmas and enjoy your day xxxx

ducati
24-Dec-10, 11:55
Legless at Breakfast with the Champagne and Orange juice.

And then Vegetarian roast meat like thingy with all the trimmings; roasties, roast parsnips, mash tatties sage and onion stuffing, yorkshires and summink else..oh yes sprouts! mmmm

Chocolate Gateaux and melti middle pud.

changilass
24-Dec-10, 12:06
In the morningits gammon butties and sumat fizzy.

Then we are having chicken with all the trimmings followed by either cheesecake(if there is any left) or christmas pudding.

Off topic

Why is it vegetarians have "Vegetarian roast meat like thingy", surely if you are vegetarian you don't want meat, so why make things that look like meat, ie veggie sausages, nut cutlets, veggie burgers ect

I aint knocking anyone who is vegatarian, Its just something that has alus baffles me.

Kodiak
24-Dec-10, 12:10
I have no idea what we are having for Christmas Lunch. I will have to wait and see what the Weigh Inn has on the Menu. This year we will have no washing up as that is where we are having our Christmas Feed, at the Weigh Inn. I hope it will be good. :Razz

ducati
24-Dec-10, 12:10
Off topic

Why is it vegetarians have "Vegetarian roast meat like thingy", surely if you are vegetarian you don't want meat, so why make things that look like meat, ie veggie sausages, nut cutlets, veggie burgers ect

I aint knocking anyone who is vegatarian, Its just something that has alus baffles me.

Brugger off! The Vegitarians:mad:

achingale
24-Dec-10, 12:11
Well i know some people have slightly alternative Christmas dinners so just wondering what you are all having. (yes im just being nosey)

For Christmas lunch we are having some bacon croissants, nice and light. Will also have lentil soup ready if anyone doesnt want bacon croissants :Razz

Dinner time - Soup for starter if anyone wants it, Chicken for main (wrapping bacon around it), roast tatties, creamy tatties, brussel sprouts, sweetcorn, stuffing, piggys in blankets, yorkshire puddings, parsnips, brocolli, green beans, loads of delicious chicken stock gravy too! (mouth watering right now)

Pudding is either a toffee cheese cake, rocky road cheese cake, ben + jerrys ice cream or hot mince pies with vanilla ice cream. merangues + Toffee + cream, Also got plenty sauces for ice cream.

Crivens i cant wait! And thats just 2 adults and 3 kids eating that! haha. Hopefully if some other people post i will get some more ideas to add to mine!

Hope you all have a great Christmas and enjoy your day xxxx

I am coming to yours!! Sounds wonderful. :D

kel24
24-Dec-10, 12:12
We're having fresh orange juice and either croissants or pancakes for breakfast.

For our xmas dinner we're having roast chicken and roast ham, pigs and blankets, yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, sausage meat and sage and onion stuffing, carrots, sweetcorn, cauliflower, brussel sprouts :confused , parsnips and of course lots of yummy gravy :).

For pudding it's a toffee pavalova or chocolate cake. later on we'll have some after eight's with a nice hot cuppa.

changilass
24-Dec-10, 12:15
Brugger off! The Vegitarians:mad:

Hehe you know you love me really:)

cherokee
24-Dec-10, 12:17
Well our oven door decided to shatter last week, and we missed the delivery of the new one whilst we were out yesterday !!! :(

My Dad'll be here for Christmas dinner, but it's now gonna be ham cooked in coke on the stove and no roasties at all !!!! :(:(

All the veg and such will have to be cooked in pans on stove !

Hope You All Enjoy Your dinners/lunches whatever you're having - MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL xx

Dadie
24-Dec-10, 12:25
Well in our house the selection boxes and sweeties in the stockings are raided for "breakfast" followed by a bacon sandwich later on.
Then lunch will be prawn cocktail or/and lentil soup and a chocolate Christmas log with cream/custard.
Dinner will be the roast chicken with sausagemeat stuffing under the skin over the breastmeat with a lattice of bacon over it, pigs in blankets, sprouts, roast carrots and parsnips and tatties, skirlie, red cabbage, and homemade gravy with homemade crannberry sauce. (thanks mum for the crannberry sauce) and a choc pud for after
Then retire to the livingroom to eat all the quality street :lol:

Hoida
24-Dec-10, 12:25
Breakfast will be bacon sausage egg etc.
Dinner- Butternut squash soup followed by Pan fried smoked trout or roast chicken with all trimmings,carrots, roast tatties, creamed tatties, roast parsnip, cauliflower cheese, sprouts. Dessert christmas pud with brandy butter and to finish off mince pies.

changilass
24-Dec-10, 12:27
Do false roasties, boil em then shove em in the deep fat fryer.

I would offer you my oven, but by the time you got it home it would all be cowld.

Kodiak
24-Dec-10, 12:31
Well our oven door decided to shatter last week, and we missed the delivery of the new one whilst we were out yesterday !!! :(

My Dad'll be here for Christmas dinner, but it's now gonna be ham cooked in coke on the stove and no roasties at all !!!! :(

All the veg and such will have to be cooked in pans on stove !

Hope You All Enjoy Your dinners/lunches whatever you're having - MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL xx

Sorry to hear about your oven, a worse time for this to happen there could not be.

As a suggestion, that is still time if you have some spare cash, to see if you could buy one of thiose Infra-Red ovens. My sister has one and it does all sorts great she says, Roasts, Roast Tatties, etc etc.

On the other hand you could braise your meat on top of the cooker with a domed roasting tin and your potatoes could be done at the same time. Turns out well it does that way.

Whatever happens I hope that you all have a wonderful meal and a Very Merry Christmas. :D

annemarie482
24-Dec-10, 12:31
wow, nearly everyone has said they are having chicken!

i'll be having whatever the portlands is serving, & hopefully a bit of turkey in there somewhere! :D

ShelleyCowie
24-Dec-10, 12:49
Aw cherokee thats a pain! Some people have made some good suggestions there tho so hopefully you can use one! Either way, im sure your Christmas will still be good!

What everyone is having sounds just lovely! :) Forgot to say i will be serving Shloer with our dinner! :lol: Got 4 bottles o the stuff and the kids love it!

Iv got alot to get prepped today but cant do it til hubby is out of bed. Cant wait to get started!!!:Razz

Mystical Potato Head
24-Dec-10, 13:05
Curry and all things Indian.

changilass
24-Dec-10, 13:05
Sounds yummy MPH

cazmanian_minx
24-Dec-10, 13:07
Home reared roast pork with all the trimmings :)

ducati
24-Dec-10, 13:07
Hehe you know you love me really:)

Aww Course XXX

Dadie
24-Dec-10, 13:10
Im not doing anything until hubby is home!
Then I will peel the veg and take the chipolatas out the freezer.
And I will stuff the chook...but not the cavity..just the skin over the breastmeat I have 2 different sausagemeat stuffings for that (one each side)
Lauren is having fun doing the sprouts for me!

cherokee
24-Dec-10, 13:23
Awwwwwwwwwwww - Thank you Changilass, Kodiak and Shelley !!! :)

I really appreciate your kind thoughts and suggestions, one or two there that we may try out !! I'd try anything to get a roast tattie and parsnip wi' ma dinner !! :lol:

Thanks Changi for your kind offer to make them for me, but, aye they'd be gie cowld when I got them home, probably frozen in this weather, LOL !!

poppett
24-Dec-10, 13:29
The cheaters roasties work a treat, I often do that with left over tatties.

ShelleyCowie
24-Dec-10, 13:34
Im not doing anything until hubby is home!
Then I will peel the veg and take the chipolatas out the freezer.
And I will stuff the chook...but not the cavity..just the skin over the breastmeat I have 2 different sausagemeat stuffings for that (one each side)
Lauren is having fun doing the sprouts for me!

I cant wait til himself gets out of bed! Want to get moving but i cant tow along poor Jay and Athrun around the house! Athruns a good wee helper when i get going tho so i will be abusing that :lol: I have written a "to do" list so when he gets up i remember what i have to do!

Cherokee i really hope you get some roasties! :) Its one of the main things i look forward too! Done in goose fat! (licking lips)

Dadie
24-Dec-10, 13:38
Do the cheats roast tatties..as for the parsnips just give them a honey glaze...heat up a couple of spoons of honey in the frying pan and toss the boiled parsnips in it until coated, I find them fluffier when boiled than roasted.
The worst prob you will have is keeping everything warm while you do the next thing as you wont have that many rings.
Is there anything you could pop in the slowcooker just to keep it warm to free up a ring or 2?
Or double wrap in foil and utilise a cool box to keep things hot rather than cold..but not for long!

cherokee
24-Dec-10, 13:39
OH MY GOODNESS - I'm SO EXCITED ..............................

Our Oven Door has just arrived !!!!! WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO !!!!

( I threatened to kiss the postie.... but he wasn't having it LOL :lol: !!)

cherokee
24-Dec-10, 14:07
Now that I've calmed down a wee bit (how on earth can anyone get SO excited about an Oven Door ??? :lol:) may I, once again, thank everyone for their kind consideration of me and my family !!

The "Org Family" are such kind people and this is a great place to be in times of need !!!

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS
(AND LOVELY MEALS !)
TO EVERYONE
xxx

Mystical Potato Head
24-Dec-10, 14:08
Sounds yummy MPH

We do year about,1 year traditional and the next year is spicey overkill.
We're a family of curryahohlics so it makes a nice change.

Hogfather
24-Dec-10, 14:51
Fat bacon and mushroom sarnie for breakfast.
Pizza for dinner.
Beer in abundance for tea!;)

Bazeye
24-Dec-10, 14:53
Pear cider all day. Just recently acquired a taste for it. In fact I think I'll go and crack one now.

ShelleyCowie
24-Dec-10, 14:59
Pear cider all day. Just recently acquired a taste for it. In fact I think I'll go and crack one now.

Try mixed fruit cider! AWSOME! lol!

Cherokee im really really glad you got your oven door! Have a great meal with your roasties and a great Christmas! :Razz

I gotta stop thinking about food!!! I want it now! :(

Liz
24-Dec-10, 15:15

Mmmmm sounds good!:D

Oven chips and (wait for it Changi!!)vegetarian 'chicken' nuggets with peas and carrots.

Don't feel like a big dinner and this way there's hardly any washing up!

Really glad you got your oven door Cherokee. Kodiak is right about the Halogen ovens. They are great!
You could have used my oven if you'd lived nearby.

Shelley that is some spread!!!:lol: Will I come round with my wheelbarrow to take you from the table when you've finished? xx

bekisman
24-Dec-10, 15:37
Bit of a deviation away from food - but do any of the ex-military on here remember Christmas day and 'gunfire'?

SunnyChick
24-Dec-10, 15:55
Going to have Christmas dinner with my Ma. I've made dense chocolate loaf and fudge cheesecake for pudd! Nom-nom!

ShelleyCowie
24-Dec-10, 16:21
Mmmmm sounds good!:D

Oven chips and (wait for it Changi!!)vegetarian 'chicken' nuggets with peas and carrots.

Don't feel like a big dinner and this way there's hardly any washing up!

Really glad you got your oven door Cherokee. Kodiak is right about the Halogen ovens. They are great!
You could have used my oven if you'd lived nearby.

Shelley that is some spread!!!:lol: Will I come round with my wheelbarrow to take you from the table when you've finished? xx

Sounds good Liz! And ur wise with limiting the washing up! I know im gonna be doin dishes most the day tomorrow! I like to do them as i go along.

Yes i may need a wheelbarrow or a crane! Lol! x

lindsaymcc
24-Dec-10, 18:05
Im the only one having Turkey then!

Breakfast is bacon crossiants and orange juice

Dinner will be Turkey and all the trimmings

Late night snack will be cheese and crackers / tin of quality street!

poppett
24-Dec-10, 18:37
Gunfire breakfast............would that be a mug of tea before early duties on the land, or coffee and rum if on the high seas? .................or am I totally off target. ?

Tatbabe
24-Dec-10, 18:48
Am invited for dinner - very much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll get my Christmas wish ... a boyfriend :Razz

orkneycadian
24-Dec-10, 19:04
Im the only one having Turkey then!

Nah, we'll likely be having to have it too, thanks to the ban on taking geese thats been on since earlier this month! There was a photo in this weeks Orcadian of a snowy scene. In the picture were 3 sheep and 9 geese! And they say they are endangered? [disgust]

bekisman
24-Dec-10, 19:19
Gunfire breakfast............would that be a mug of tea before early duties on the land, or coffee and rum if on the high seas? .................or am I totally off target. ?

you're very nearly there! ;)

Liz
24-Dec-10, 20:02
Sounds good Liz! And ur wise with limiting the washing up! I know im gonna be doin dishes most the day tomorrow! I like to do them as i go along.

Yes i may need a wheelbarrow or a crane! Lol! x

So the turkeys won't be the only ones getting stuffed!

Just put the dishes doon for 'e cat til lick!:lol:

bekisman
24-Dec-10, 22:58

Ok then.. it's Christmas morning and you're lying in your pit - in a desert somewhere - the tent flap opens and a bunch of officers and senior NCO's troop in, saying; "good morning lad, don't get up, here's a nice cup of tea" and then slope off to the next tent.. (that be known as 'Gunfire'*)

See, nothing too grand, but what a way to start the day! AND (the Officers) serve Christmas dinner to you - ain't that nice? ;)

*sometimes has rum as well
(ta for the R)

arana negra
24-Dec-10, 23:16
Normal breakfast, then stovies, bread and butter with chocolate cups filled with philly, honey and boozy fruit.