PDA

View Full Version : TV Adverts

PantsMAN
23-Dec-10, 13:40
Anyone else getting hacked of with Carolyn Quentin and her sickningly smarmy Marks & Spencer Adverts - she comes across as a right little smarty pants.

If she was chocolate she would eat herself!

Any other adverts get up yer nose?

mums angels
23-Dec-10, 13:43
Anyone else getting hacked of with Carolyn Quentin and her sickningly smarmy Marks & Spencer Adverts - she comes across as a right little smarty pants.

If she was chocolate she would eat herself!

Any other adverts get up yer nose?

All of them ! id quite happily go without adverts . I Love sky plus , just record what you want then skip the adds when the come on

The DS advert was on today with that Jedward on it , i actually switched over

muffin
23-Dec-10, 14:03
I agree, we record programmes which have adverts in them and then skip the adverts when we play back, I can't believe how many adverts they put in during programmes, it spoils the thread of the programme. In some countries the adverts are only allowed between different programmes but of course we would all go and make a cup of tea at that time.
Someone told me they are working on a system whereby you can't skip the adverts when you've recorded the programme and play it back.

Beat Bug
23-Dec-10, 14:49
I agree, there are far too many adverts. But having said that, there's one I need to see! I was a winner in a Famous Grouse competition to have a custom label on a bottle in their Christmas ad. It was to be shown on STV between 6pm and midnight, but don't know what day. Anyone see it? My bottle was to have The Famous Brock from Caithness on it.

Dadie
23-Dec-10, 15:53
We record and skip the ads...unless you need a pee or a cup of tea then we leave the ad break on.
I love cbeebies on telly for the kids as there is no ads..so no brainwashing them into having to have something!

neilsermk1
23-Dec-10, 20:26
Never mind the M&S ads they are top drawer compared to the 118 ads they are truly peurile

bekisman
23-Dec-10, 20:28
I like that 'shake and vac' one - just can't get it out of my head..

joxville
23-Dec-10, 20:30
Go Compare gets on my nerves, trying to get a gimmick like comparethemarket.com but it doesn't work for me, I avoid what I don't like.

Kodiak
23-Dec-10, 20:45
The best set of advets, in my opinion, on TV are the BirdsEye Adverts with the Bear in the Freezer. They are Grrrreat!!! :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujIOpK6CA-Q&feature=related

Green_not_greed
23-Dec-10, 20:50
Go Compare gets on my nerves, trying to get a gimmick like comparethemarket.com but it doesn't work for me, I avoid what I don't like.

I don't watch much TV, but agree with Jox that the Go Compare ads are awful. Drive me up the wall. These are supposed to be to promote a product, not alienate it!

GNG

cecile
23-Dec-10, 21:16
well if you see your bottle send the link so that we all can see
a bit of Caithness on national TV its always good!

Stack Rock
23-Dec-10, 22:12
I switch off mentally when ads come on. You have to when they're on for 5 mins at a time !!!!!!!

Chillie
23-Dec-10, 22:17
The best set of advets, in my opinion, on TV are the BirdsEye Adverts with the Bear in the Freezer. They are Grrrreat!!! :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujIOpK6CA-Q&feature=related

That's only because its your cousin , well how much is he paying you for being his PR agent?????;)

Kodiak
23-Dec-10, 22:59
That's only because its your cousin , well how much is he paying you for being his PR agent?????;)

Awww!! That was supposed to be a secret, :Razz, A packet of Fish Fingers :Razz

Niall Fernie
23-Dec-10, 23:30
...and pertinent to our current weather :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw1NIDFUdJI

scorrie
23-Dec-10, 23:31
Carolyn Quentin. If she was chocolate she would eat herself!

It looks to me like she HAS eaten herself, along with a couple of other people as well!! Jonathan Creak was so-called because of the noise she made coming across the stage. ;)

bekisman
24-Dec-10, 00:00
...and pertinent to our current weather :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw1NIDFUdJI

That was good! :lol: