PDA

View Full Version : Flash player for 64 bit

shazzap
20-Dec-10, 12:13
I have just found out by chance, that my Windows 7 64 bit laptop. Also has a 32 bit IE installed. I can download Flash Player for that, but not a 64 bit version. I have IE 9 beta. Does any one have any one know any different. Also if you run on the 32 bit version is this slower and make a mockery of having the 64 bit. Any explanations appreiciated, as i am a little confused.

DeHaviLand
20-Dec-10, 16:16
Download Mozilla Firefox browser and use that for any flash player browsing. Its unlikely that the average home user will notice any great difference between 32bit and 64bit IE

shazzap
20-Dec-10, 16:22
Download Mozilla Firefox browser and use that for any flash player browsing. Its unlikely that the average home user will notice any great difference between 32bit and 64bit IE

I have looked into this, and apparently Adobe do not have a Flash player for 64 bit. I have both 32 and 64 bit on my task bar.
I am using the 32 bit version. It doesn't matter which browser you use as there is still not a 64 bit Flash player available except for Linux.
Thank you for your response though.

DeHaviLand
22-Dec-10, 14:17
I think you misunderstood. Mozilla firefox supports adobe flash player. it is also a much better browser than IE, and has various plug in add-ons you can also download. There is absolutely no need to stay with IE just because it came pre-loaded onto your lappie. However if you're happy with IE, then any time you want to view flash content you will have to do so via the 32 bit option.

shazzap
22-Dec-10, 18:44
I think you misunderstood. Mozilla firefox supports adobe flash player. it is also a much better browser than IE, and has various plug in add-ons you can also download. There is absolutely no need to stay with IE just because it came pre-loaded onto your lappie. However if you're happy with IE, then any time you want to view flash content you will have to do so via the 32 bit option.

Sorry if i misunderstood, but i am learning mostly by trial and error.
Do you mean Mozilla supports 64 bit flash player.

DeHaviLand
22-Dec-10, 23:51
No, I dont and it doesnt. I mean mozilla firefox supports flash player at 32 bit, but is a faster and better browser than IE 32 bit.

shazzap
22-Dec-10, 23:55
No, I dont and it doesnt. I mean mozilla firefox supports flash player at 32 bit, but is a faster and better browser than IE 32 bit.

I see.......;)

Can you have all your favourites in the tool bar.

tonkatojo
23-Dec-10, 00:29
My 64 bit laptop with windows 7 had pre-installed IE, but I installed google chrome which has adobe flash pre-installed.
I don't know if that helps your situation.

shazzap
23-Dec-10, 00:35
My 64 bit laptop with windows 7 had pre-installed IE, but I installed google chrome which has adobe flash pre-installed.
I don't know if that helps your situation.

I just don't see why Adobe haven't made Flash for 64 bit browsers.
The only 64 bit Flash available is for Linux.