PDA

View Full Version : post man/woman!!

lildj
12-Dec-10, 19:15
so come in the door yesterday to find one of my cards opend and also one bent in half >:( was so angry! any one else had this expeirence with the post man/woman.

changilass
12-Dec-10, 19:17
Never had a problem, apart from stuff not turning up at all, but I blame that on the south sorting offices.

Our postie is a gem.

Kodiak
12-Dec-10, 20:21
Go to the sorting office and complain, make sure you tell them the exact date of this delivery and exactly what happened.. They know who does each route and who was was delivering to your area. There might be a simple explanation but you will not know unless you go to the sorting office.

unicorn
13-Dec-10, 00:24
I have had that problem, also had the door not closed properly and discovered the house freezing a while later.

Hoida
13-Dec-10, 11:21
Went to local post office on Friday to post cards and anumber of the envelopes were not sealed just tucked in. The postmaster asked if I would mind sealing all my envelopes as unsealed ones can get torn in sorting machine. maybe worth considering this is what has happened. I seldom have any problem with anything that is delivered. :)

bekisman
13-Dec-10, 11:36
Remember my parents doing this; "The cost of posting a typical letter in the late 1940's was tuppence halfpenny (1p). Postcards and unsealed mail, such as birthday and Christmas cards went for tuppence; there was no 'First' and 'Second' class post"..

But 'spose now with the new ultra-fast sorting gear, will be problems..
My mother always used to stick the back down with 'sticky-backed plastic' if it contained money for the kids.. a very good invitation to those (sometimes) shady temporary postmen! :(

Dadie
13-Dec-10, 11:53
I never send cash through the post.
Always send a cheque....That way if it does go missing the person that took it cannot use it!
I seal most of my envelopes with sellotape as I find some dont stick no matter what you do!
I think they have a few extra staff on, in seasonal jobs, and they may not take the same amount of care...or its the machines.
Our postie is great but a few parcels going down to my niece in Manchester went missing...

Geo
13-Dec-10, 16:07
Sometimes people only seal one section of the fold such as the tip on the triangle type. If the glue doesn't work or the fold catches on something the envelope opens.

Bazeye
14-Dec-10, 00:29
Whenever we post a Birthday or Christmas card, we never seal it. Then if anyone does open it and finds out theres no money in it they just tuck the flap back in and it gets to its destination.