PDA

View Full Version : Are you all OK in Halkirk??

cazmanian_minx
10-Dec-10, 18:33
Just logged on to Tugmistress's weather site and saw current wind speed 113.9mph with the 10min average at 97.8mph :eek: Hope everyone's safe and tucked up inside.

Tugmistress
10-Dec-10, 19:00
blimey that made me look!

It looks like the weather station has had a 'spike' as it's currently stuck at that speed! i would take the data before that speed as to what is actually happening there lol

things like this happen if damp gets in to the electronics of the sensors, it could be the cover has blown off the main sensor and will take a few hours to dry out and settle down again.

Chrisf1961
10-Dec-10, 19:05
Well im sat here in me front room here in Wick and i just said what the heck is that! The wind has fair got here and is starting to howl ......

Kodiak
10-Dec-10, 19:14
blimey that made me look!

It looks like the weather station has had a 'spike' as it's currently stuck at that speed! i would take the data before that speed as to what is actually happening there lol

things like this happen if damp gets in to the electronics of the sensors, it could be the cover has blown off the main sensor and will take a few hours to dry out and settle down again.

Same thing happened to us out at Cape Wrath. There were several Gusts and the Anemometer went right off the chart and stuck at 50 meteres per second, ie 100 Knots. It was quite some time before we got this fixed and until it was it was showing a constant wind speed of 100 Knots.

cazmanian_minx
10-Dec-10, 19:16
Glad to hear it's a blip, I had visions of people being blown down the road...!

Tugmistress
10-Dec-10, 19:20
Having said it was a blip it may not be! keeping an eye on the graph and seeing what is happening that speed came at the same time as i recorded highest gust for the day here at 51.8mph .......... still thinking it's a blip though ;)

Connor.
10-Dec-10, 19:33
It is pretty darn windy here [disgust]

Stack Rock
10-Dec-10, 21:41
Gusting 60 mph in Wick presently - could increase?

sweetpea
10-Dec-10, 22:03
Yes it's really bad in Wick now:( Dog barking at all the things flying around outside in the garden. Mind you I'd like to learn how to read the weather stations.

chaz
10-Dec-10, 22:09
pretty windy here too, allsorts flying about:eek:

Corrie 3
10-Dec-10, 22:09
Its not a blip, my roofs just blown off !!!!

C3....;):roll: