PDA

View Full Version : The terrible local bus service

RecQuery
10-Dec-10, 16:04
Today (Friday 10th December) I was standing at the bus stop since 14:01 waiting for the number 82 - 14:10 Thurso to Wick bus (I finish work early on a Friday) I was quite happy to wait for 15 to 20 minutes, assuming it was late.

Eventually after multiple calls to the bus depot by other people waiting we were informed that the bus which normally does this route was stuck in Halkirk and that they weren't putting on a replacement we would have to wait until 15:30.

It probably never occurred to them to temporarily reassign one of the local 79 buses to do this route. I saw them pass by several times while I was waiting, so I'm guesing two are doing the route.

Just another example of shoddy service.

upolian
10-Dec-10, 16:06
I'm not suprised!

Connor.
10-Dec-10, 18:44
Tuesday, I waited at the top of my road(15 minute walk in the snow/wind) for the Wick to Thurso bus at 11:45pm. Waited 30-45 minutes and no sign of the bus at all.

Wednesday, I was in Wick and expected to get the 11:20pm bus back into thurso. I had got on the bus around 6pm to go through to Wick but there was no mention of services ceasing. I waited 1 hour and 10 minutes for a bus that never turned up. Phoned Wick police station to see if they knew if the buses were running or even if they had a timetable so I could maybe catch a bus going through Bower to Thurso. No timetable and no information on the buses. I ended up having to stay in Wick overnight, I'm just lucky I had a place to stay.

Mr P Cannop
10-Dec-10, 19:51
the bus at 10.23am this morning i wanted to get never come at all and the buses keep breaking down all the time

Dog-eared
10-Dec-10, 20:38
Some country bus services only exist on the timetable.