PDA

View Full Version : Well done!!

poppett
08-Dec-10, 12:28
Congratulations to the bin men and our local postie for attempting our scheme during this awful weather.

I have gritted the bad corner each morning and tell anyone visiting to come into the scheme from the top end, as there is sheet ice under the hard packed snow. Council gritted once on request, and left a grit box for future use, which is a huge help. Last year the plough came down and blocked in all the cars, so gritting only this year was far better.

A huge thank you also to Frasers who have been here on two awful days delivering essentials.

sunshine23
08-Dec-10, 15:48
I have to admit, on returning home today and found my post delivered, I thought to myself, no matter how bad the weather, the post always gets through.

The weather and road conditions were terrible on Monday. Still, my garbage still got collected. It is good to know that you can always depend on them.

teddybear1873
08-Dec-10, 15:55
You have to feel for the local postie. Whatever the weather, they still have to foot it. And I'm pretty sure they don't get a weather allowance, if they do, it ain't enough.

Kodiak
08-Dec-10, 17:46
You have to feel for the local postie. Whatever the weather, they still have to foot it. And I'm pretty sure they don't get a weather allowance, if they do, it ain't enough.

You are quite correct the posties get no Weather Allowance.

I think all the posties do a great job and are mostly under valued. This year I will definately remeber my Postie and at the first chance I get I will give him a Christmas Present.

So if you agree with me why not give your Postie a Present this Christmas as he/she deserves it for delivering your mail in this Bad Weather.

Merry Christmas to all Posties. !!!!

poppett
08-Dec-10, 18:16
Postie, bin men and home delivery courier always get a wee christmas treat.