PDA

View Full Version : Dunbeath - Berridale this morning.

Tyke
08-Dec-10, 08:39
It is -5c this morning a bit warmer than it has been. It has been snowing overnight and the roads are hard packed with snow. So far only HGV's moving south, very few of them. I believe I heard the snow blower heading to the Ord.:D

Paula has just come in from starting the car, it is snowing again and the wind has got up.

All in all another lovely morning.:lol:

chaz
08-Dec-10, 08:46
Tell Paula to take care xx

Tyke
08-Dec-10, 09:24
Conditions seem to be easing and traffic moving more freely.

Still hard packed snow only clear in places.

After looking at Traffic Scotland Live Eye, and the latest weather forecast which is predicting more snow until late afternoon, Paula is staying home today.

Paula thanks you for your concern.:D

Tyke
08-Dec-10, 11:30
Done all my kennel cleaning, feeding and medication.

Started in a blizzard, then sun, now snowing.

Strongs winds at time drifting snow accross the A9. Just checked Live eye for Ousdale and it is bad there.

Deer are down from the Hills and eating this years growth from the trees. Field full of grouse.:roll:

Tyke
08-Dec-10, 16:49
Been busy today, but the weather has taken a turn for the worst.

Driving winds causing snow to drift accross A9. Snow coming at me horizontally, temp dropping.

It is not nice, snowploughs are out and about, but the standard of driving of some people borders on the idiotic.

Low revs - high gears!

Its not that difficult!

:eek:

Dadie
08-Dec-10, 16:57
Didnt think it would be too long for the wind to pick up and the snow to drift!
The snowplough had blocked my car in yesterday...havent cleared it as I cant get out the house without the kids and the snow is too deep for Iona to walk in!
My car is automatic...:eek:....but we can put it in manual and use the paddles on the steering column...tempted with the snow socks!

Tyke
08-Dec-10, 17:27
Didnt think it would be too long for the wind to pick up and the snow to drift!
The snowplough had blocked my car in yesterday...havent cleared it as I cant get out the house without the kids and the snow is too deep for Iona to walk in!
My car is automatic...:eek:....but we can put it in manual and use the paddles on the steering column...tempted with the snow socks!

Paula helped a guy the other night who was stuck in the snow. She wrapped towels from the grooming parlour around his tyres and out he popped. Super Woman.:roll:

billmoseley
08-Dec-10, 17:30
Paula helped a guy the other night who was stuck in the snow. She wrapped towels from the grooming parlour around his tyres and out he popped. Super Woman.:roll:

sounds like he was giving birth lolol