PDA

View Full Version : logical laws

pultneytooner
11-Aug-06, 11:00
Laws
Clovis' Consideration of an Atmospheric Anomaly: The perversity of nature is nowhere better demonstrated than by the fact that, when exposed to the same atmosphere, bread becomes hard while crackers become soft.

Cohn's Law: The more time you spend in reporting on what you are doing, the less time you have to do anything. Stability is achieved when you spend all your time reporting on the nothing you are doing.

Colvard's Logical Premises: All probabilities are 50%. Either a thing will happen or it won't.

Colvard's Unconscionable Commentary: This is especially true when dealing with someone you're attracted to.

Conway's Law: In any organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on; this person must be fired. Corollaries: 1. Nobody whom you ask for help will see it. 2. The first person who stops by, whose advice you really don't want to hear, will see it immediately.

Cooke's Law: In any decision situation, the amount of relevant information available is inversely proportional to the importance of the decision.

Correspondence Corollary: An experiment may be considered a success if no more than half of your data must be discarded to obtain correspondence with your theory.

Cropp's Law: The amount of work done varies inversely with the amount of time spent in the office.

Bo Diddeley's Observation On The Law: Always take a lawyer with you, and bring another lawyer to watch him.

Bolub's Fourth Law of Computerdom: Project teams detest weekly progress reporting because it so vividly manifests their lack of progress.

Deadline-Dan's Demo Demonstration: The higher the "higher-ups" are who've come to see your demo, the lower your chances are of giving a successful one.

Demian's Observation: There is always one item on the screen menu that is mislabeled and should read "Abandon hope all ye who enter here".

DeVries's Dilemma: If you hit two keys on the typewriter, the one you don't want hits the paper.

Kingetter
11-Aug-06, 11:21
Not forgetting SODS LAW with all its facets, like

you drop a slice of buttered bread/toast on the floor and know before looking it will be the buttered side that hits the floor.

Buttercup
11-Aug-06, 22:53
Not forgetting SODS LAW with all its facets, like

you drop a slice of buttered bread/toast on the floor and know before looking it will be the buttered side that hits the floor.

Sods Law is when my mutt is sick or poos when I'm at work and manages to position it carefully where four carpet tiles meet instead of keeping it on one. [mad]

Kingetter
11-Aug-06, 23:03
Yup! That'l do it - that qualifies. Course, you go a stage further then, when you've run out of kitchen towel etc.

George Brims
11-Aug-06, 23:13
Murphy's Law of Electronics - A piece of wire cut to length will always be half an inch too short.

Kingetter
11-Aug-06, 23:17
I can apply that to selotape, string and more. Why is it?

pultneytooner
11-Aug-06, 23:17
Sods Law is when my mutt is sick or poos when I'm at work and manages to position it carefully where four carpet tiles meet instead of keeping it on one. [mad]

The chance of the dog pooing between the tiles is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet.:D