PDA

View Full Version : Worthenshaws Freedom

Liz
19-Nov-10, 16:37
This is the dairy free ice cream substitute which was featured on Dragons Den.

I contacted Tesco as Worthenshaws said it would be available in their stores nationwide.
However, Tesco told me they have launched this in certain stores to see how it sells before it is decided whether it will be available in all stores.

I was told to go into the Wick store and fill in a request card and, if they get enough requests, they might stock it.

So if you want to try this could you please do this to see whether we can get it here.
Info on the product here http://www.worthenshaws-freedom.co.uk/

Chrisf1961
19-Nov-10, 17:20
Done really great for herself didnt she on Dragons Den and shes a Preston lass from my home town! See theres some brains at work in good old Lancashire just not sat this side of this keyboard lol :lol:

Liz
19-Nov-10, 19:29
Done really great for herself didnt she on Dragons Den and shes a Preston lass from my home town! See theres some brains at work in good old Lancashire just not sat this side of this keyboard lol :lol:

She has indeed Chris.:D I bet she never thought this would happen with just trying to help her wee boy who has food allergies.

Oh how I wish I could 'invent' something and make a fortune!!

onecalledk
19-Nov-10, 20:06
This is the dairy free ice cream substitute which was featured on Dragons Den.

I contacted Tesco as Worthenshaws said it would be available in their stores nationwide.
However, Tesco told me they have launched this in certain stores to see how it sells before it is decided whether it will be available in all stores.

I was told to go into the Wick store and fill in a request card and, if they get enough requests, they might stock it.

So if you want to try this could you please do this to see whether we can get it here.
Info on the product here http://www.worthenshaws-freedom.co.uk/

It would have to sell in vast quantities before Tesco in Wick would stock it. Tesco want profit , not to know what their customers want. It would be grand if they did but dont hold your breath ......

K

Liz
19-Nov-10, 20:37
They started stocking Swedish Glace vanilla ice cream again after this was requested and don't take in vast amounts so it always sells. However, to me anyway, it doesn't taste as good as it used to.:(

annemarie482
19-Nov-10, 20:46
It would have to sell in vast quantities before Tesco in Wick would stock it. Tesco want profit , not to know what their customers want. It would be grand if they did but dont hold your breath ......

K

thats strictly not true, i had a family member request a certain type of bread, tescos wick stock it now although only a few loafs of it a week :D

Liz
19-Nov-10, 23:53
thats strictly not true, i had a family member request a certain type of bread, tescos wick stock it now although only a few loafs of it a week :D

That's good news and very encouraging. As I thought they don't need to take in much stock.:D

Metalattakk
20-Nov-10, 05:55
Tesco want profit , not to know what their customers want.

Are the two not inextricably linked?

orkneycadian
20-Nov-10, 14:17
Might be free of dairy produce, but still has the usual nondescript headings in the ingredients list that could cover a multitude of sins!

Vegetable Fibre, Emulsifier (Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Stabilisers (Tara Gum, Sodium Alginate), Flavouring

Think I'll stick to the home made liquid nitrogen, egg, cream, milk and sugar recipe!

Liz
20-Nov-10, 14:19
Might be free of dairy produce, but still has the usual nondescript headings in the ingredients list that could cover a multitude of sins!

Vegetable Fibre, Emulsifier (Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Stabilisers (Tara Gum, Sodium Alginate), Flavouring

Think I'll stick to the home made liquid nitrogen, egg, cream, milk and sugar recipe!

Some of us can't tolerate the liquid nitrogen stuff!:lol:

In this case though the ingredients are all 'natural' as she feeds it to her wee boy with food allergies and don't think Duncan Bannatyne would risk putting his money behind a health food that wasn't healthy!

orkneycadian
20-Nov-10, 14:29
Wonder why they don't list the ingredients then?

Liz
20-Nov-10, 14:45
They do list them.

Ingredients Water, Sweet FreedomŽ (Natural Fruit Extracts (Apples, Grapes and Carob)), Fructose, Coconut Oil, Brown Rice Flour, Strawberry Puree (2.5%), Vegetable Fibre, Emulsifier (Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Stabilisers (Tara Gum, Sodium Alginate), Flavouring, Colour (Beetroot Red).

orkneycadian
20-Nov-10, 18:39
Yeah, I mean, why not list what the flavourings are, what the vegetable fibre is, etc.

I am sure nuts could be defined as vegetable fibre, and pigs blood could be used a flavouring, both things you would probably want to know if they were in your food!

Liz
20-Nov-10, 19:13
Well this info from the website rules out nuts and pigs blood!:D

http://www.worthenshaws-freedom.co.uk/images/products/frozen_desserts/strawberry.jpg

Recipe Free From...

Dairy
Sugar
Gluten
Soya
Egg
Nuts
Artificial flavours or colours
Suitable for vegetarians, coeliacs and vegans

brandy
20-Nov-10, 19:25
i will def ask for it.. would be nice to have a treat every now again.. with the diabetes raising its ugly head all the time!

Chrisf1961
20-Nov-10, 19:30
Hi Brandy dont mention diabetes thought it was something that id never get but ive paid for it later in life

Liz
20-Nov-10, 19:50
i will def ask for it.. would be nice to have a treat every now again.. with the diabetes raising its ugly head all the time!

That's good Brandy so there will be at least two of us asking for it!:lol:

Sorry to hear your diabetes is causing you problems though.:(