PDA

View Full Version : 3 Test pilots required for new website.

locini
19-Nov-10, 13:44
Hi,

Just finished my brand new website and am after 3 people to test it out before I start submitting it to search engines, and properly advertising it. Although it is live just now it’s just sitting in limbo (as it were) until I can confirm that everything is working ok, and get it submitted to the web.

Im only after 3 different people that are currently, or have decided to market their property for sale, I would like you to go through the pages and submit a property to the website as if a proper seller. In return for being my test pilots and giving me your feedback, I will advertise your property on my site for 100% free until it’s sold. Your advert will be very similar to the one already on there. No charge at all...

The site once into and optimised on the search engines will give you far greater internet exposure as it services buyers and sellers as far South as Aberdeen all on the one web site, it also gives a unique platform where buyers can contact you directly via your own property page. If you are with an agent you can still advertise with us however you would still have to notify them about viewings, offers Etc. and pay their commission you have agreed to.

Check it out the address is: www.highlandhomesales.com (http://www.highlandhomesales.com/)

I have listed my house on there to start with however because I know what im doing with the site. It has not given me a true aspect on how easy or difficult the site is to use for others.

IMPORTANT – Please pm me your email address prior to submitting your property if you want to be one of my testers… Strictly first come first serve. I only need 3 different people.

Thank You in advance.

Kevin Milkins
19-Nov-10, 14:27
Good idea, good luck with your new venture.

I like your website.

Dadie
19-Nov-10, 16:19
Nice front page but shouldnt bare be bear?
Spell check wont pick up on those type of mistakes!

locini
19-Nov-10, 16:26
Nice front page but shouldnt bare be bear?
Spell check wont pick up on those type of mistakes!

Thanks - Spelling was never my strong point - Now fixed...:lol:

locini
19-Nov-10, 16:27
Good idea, good luck with your new venture.

I like your website.

Thanks for your comments Kevin - Much appreciated.

nightspirit
19-Nov-10, 17:59
Nice smooth layout - easy to use - look forward to using the released ver :)

onecalledk
19-Nov-10, 23:37
calander = calendar ..... :)

polocy = policy

seperate = separate .....

locini
19-Nov-10, 23:44
calander = calendar ..... :)

polocy = policy

seperate = separate .....

LOL - Im so ashamed :eek: - Why does it always look so obvious after someone points it out??

I will sort the spelling mistakes out tomorrow

Thanks for the help OnecalledK - Much appreciated

locini
19-Nov-10, 23:45
Nice smooth layout - easy to use - look forward to using the released ver :)

Thanks for that nightspirit - will keep you up to date once released.

Dadie
19-Nov-10, 23:48
OOps I didnt have my red pen poised for all the kisses next to your sp mistakes!
I just went for the one spell check wouldnt pick up!
Apart from the sp mistakes it looks good....why wasnt it around when we were selling our house:lol:

locini
19-Nov-10, 23:56
OOps I didnt have my red pen poised for all the kisses next to your sp mistakes!
I just went for the one spell check wouldnt pick up!
Apart from the sp mistakes it looks good....why wasnt it around when we were selling our house:lol:

Thanks Dadie - Im sure you could find plenty more on other pages..

Once i get going on the typing i think i forget all about the spelling. Typical bloke can't multi task...

Hopefully it will still be around if you decide to move in the future!

locini
19-Nov-10, 23:57
PS - Two free advertising slots gone pending completed property listing forms - 1 free slot remaining.

Thanks for all the PM's

Logical
20-Nov-10, 01:25
Great website, I do a bit of programming myself so would like to give you a hand. Aint got a house to sell at the minute though ;)

Hope it works out for you.

locini
20-Nov-10, 10:12
Great website, I do a bit of programming myself so would like to give you a hand. Aint got a house to sell at the minute though ;)

Hope it works out for you.

Thanks for the comments Logical - Its good to hear comments of approval especially from fellow programmers...:)

Hope you remember us if you ever decide to sell or buy in the future. ;)

locini
20-Nov-10, 14:53
Thankyou for all the enquiries and kind comments.

The 3 positions have now been filled.

You can of course still use the website to advertise your property - however you would have to set up the normal monthly subscription.

I plan to be marketing the website very heavily in the coming months so it will be excellent extra exposure for your property.

Best Regards,
Ian.

Leanne
20-Nov-10, 15:44
There was a property site (now no longer in use) that listed properties on a map so you could see where they were in relation to amenities. Could you do this???

locini
20-Nov-10, 16:20
There was a property site (now no longer in use) that listed properties on a map so you could see where they were in relation to amenities. Could you do this???

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for the question

The current property pages uses Google streetview, this can be easily turned into a half screen map by clicking the little maximise arrow on the top left of the map section (bottom right of the streetview window) This gives you an overview map of the area, with the little streetview guy telling you where exactly you are in a certain area.

Also on the property page there is a small section detailing the nearest school, shop or shops, train station and airport.

I think that between the two of them any potential buyers looking at a property will get an excellent idea of where exactly the property is located and how close it is to vital amenities.

To ask a question back. Do you think that detailing the closest school, train, airport and shop(s) is enough? Or would there be other generic things that would be helpful to know how close by they were?

crayola
20-Nov-10, 19:11
I think the website looks much better than most startups. :)

You can never be too careful with presentation though.......

I would write Promotions rather than the abbreviation Promo's on the front page. An apostrophe in an abbreviation may not be wrong but I think Promo's looks cheap. It's not as bad as Tea's and Coffee's outside a café but it isn't sound practice. :(

There shouldn't be a comma after North of Aberdeen, on the front page.

There are several typos on the Trading Terms (http://www.highlandhomesales.com/Content-46/Terms-and-conditions) page....

advertisment -> advertisement

arrangment -> arrangement

responsibiliy -> responsibility

uninterupted -> uninterrupted

And on the Buyer Info (http://www.highlandhomesales.com/Content-71/-) page

prefered -> preferred

referance -> reference

Good luck with your venture. :)

locini
21-Nov-10, 01:55
I think the website looks much better than most startups.

You can never be too careful with presentation though.......

I would write Promotions rather than the abbreviation Promo's on the front page. An apostrophe in an abbreviation may not be wrong but I think Promo's looks cheap. It's not as bad as Tea's and Coffee's outside a café but it isn't sound practice. :(

There shouldn't be a comma after North of Aberdeen, on the front page.

There are several typos on the Trading Terms (http://www.highlandhomesales.com/Content-46/Terms-and-conditions) page....

advertisment -> advertisement

arrangment -> arrangement

responsibiliy -> responsibility

uninterupted -> uninterrupted

And on the Buyer Info (http://www.highlandhomesales.com/Content-71/-) page

prefered -> preferred

referance -> reference

Good luck with your venture. :)

All Mistakes now corrected - :o Thanks Crayola

locini
22-Nov-10, 17:57
Just wanted to say a big thankyou to my 3 testers for their feedback. Have now listed the 2 and just finalising the 3rd.

If anyone else is swithering about advertising their property with us, we have just today agreed and paid for a 1 week advertising campaign with MFR radio station.

This campaign will have a reach of just under 100,000 adults in the MFR broadcast area so it may be an excellent opertunity to get some extra people viewing your property for sale.

If you wish to advertise on our site prior to the radio campaign and have a valid home report please go to our website and make your way though the sellers area. The radio campaign starts Monday the 29th (1 week today) so no time to waste...

Thanks again Ian.

changilass
22-Nov-10, 18:20
Site looks good.

Any chance of more than one pic, or can you get that when you contact vendor prior to deciding if you want to view?

locini
22-Nov-10, 18:34
Site looks good.

Any chance of more than one pic, or can you get that when you contact vendor prior to deciding if you want to view?

Hi there,

If you click on the Detailed images above the main picture, you will get all the pictures on a slide show type thing...

Cheers,
Ian