PDA

View Full Version : santa tracker?

Dadie
15-Nov-10, 14:57
Is the santa tracker on this year...I lost a few hours last christmas eve watching it:lol:
And the messages from santa read out by him...cant remember the website....it was great Lauren was on her best behaviour for ages after that one!

Sorry to all those not wanting to think of christmas yet!
But in starting to get organised!
Wrapping paper and sellotape...etc..

billmoseley
15-Nov-10, 15:03
due to the resent cuts santa has been made redundant and the job has gone to a lazy lay about youth off the dole so it might run it might not depends if he can be bothered [lol]

brandy
15-Nov-10, 15:07
its norad that tracks santa... will see if i can find the other site as well *G*

lindsaymcc
15-Nov-10, 15:07
Santa tracker : http://www.noradsanta.org/

Santa's good list : http://family.go.com/santas-list/

Dadie
15-Nov-10, 15:14
thank you lindsaymcc and brandy.
Its great to have the nice list handy to use in moments of desperation:lol:

And yes I do know we are early in asking and we are still eating halloween sweeties....but santa is for the little ones!

orkneycadian
15-Nov-10, 21:33
its norad that tracks santa...

Unfortunately (for Santa), NORAD is the North American Aerospace Defence Command, dedicated to protecting American airspace from unauthorised violations.

The Santatracker, which was clandestinely leaked onto the web in previous years, was actually a direct feed from one of the radar screens in the NORAD command centre, and due to the speed that Santa flew around at, missile technology at the time was too slow to get a positive fix on the sleigh. Until about 0400 GMT on Christmas morning last year that is....

At that time, it is rumoured that NORAD's systems finally got a positive fix on Santa, and he was swiftly despatched, along with all reindeer, using a single, specially modified Patriot surface to air missile as he illegally crossed into US airspace on the eastern seaboard.

Sad but true....

brandy
15-Nov-10, 21:57
omg.. i dont know whether to cry or laugh! *giggles* the kids can not see that post!

Dadie
01-Dec-10, 17:14
Getting to the time of year to use these links given to me!
Santas good list makes little horrors really behave...for 10 mins:lol:

Dadie
24-Dec-10, 13:00
So who is tracking santa already?:lol:
Im going to lose a lot of productive time today, watching santa!

lindsaymcc
24-Dec-10, 14:01
We are!!! Loving that he has already visited my friends in Christchurch, NZ!

Alice in Blunderland
24-Dec-10, 18:09
Kids are tracking Santa and are getting more and more excited as the hours go by. :D

Aaldtimer
24-Dec-10, 21:42
Just seen this from another Forum:-

"Sob"

Don't click link if kids are about!

http://www.msgr.ca/msgr-2/Sarah%20Palin%20and%20Rudolph.jpg

:eek:

Dadie
24-Dec-10, 21:48
Im glad my girls are in bed..that would have them in tears tonight!:eek:

Aaldtimer
24-Dec-10, 22:05
Im glad my girls are in bed..that would have them in tears tonight!:eek:

Just did an edit Dadie...is that OK?

...now where did I put that Sack Cloth & Ashes...:(

octane
24-Dec-10, 22:43
There are approximately two billion children (persons under 18) in the world. However, since Santa does not visit children of some religions, this reduces the workload for Christmas night to 15% of the total, or 378 million (according to the population reference bureau). At an average (census) rate of 2.5 children per household, that comes to 108 million homes, presuming there is at least one good child in each. Santa has about 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming east to west (which seems logical). This works out to 967.7 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with a good child, Santa has around 1/1000 th of a second to park the sleigh, hop out, jump down the chimney, fill the stocking, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left for him, get back up the chimney, jump into the sleigh and get onto the next house.

Assuming that each of these 108 million stops is evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false, but will accept for the purposes of our calculations), we are now talking about 0.78 miles per household; a total trip of 75.5 million miles, not counting bathroom stops or breaks. This means Santa’s sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second--3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man made vehicle, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second, and a conventional reindeer can run (at best) 15 miles per hour.

The payload of the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming That each child gets nothing more than a medium present (say,two pounds in weight), the sleigh is carrying over 500 thousands tons, not counting Santa himself.On land, a conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that the "flying" reindeer can pull 10 times the normal amount, the job can’t be done with eight or even nine of them---Santa would need 360,000 of them. This increases the payload, not counting the weight of the sleigh, another 54,000 tons, or roughly seven times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth (the ship, not the monarch). 600,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance - this would heat up the reindeer in the same fashion as a spacecraft re-entering the earth’s atmosphere.

The lead pair of reindeer would absorb 14.3 quintillion joules of energy per second each. In short, they would burst into flames almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them and creating deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire reindeer team would be vaporised within 4.26 thousandths of a second, or right about the time Santa reached the fifth house on his trip.

Not that it matters, however, since Santa, as a result of accelerating from a dead stop to 650 m.p.s. in .001 seconds, would be subjected to acceleration forces of 17,000 g’s. A 250 pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of the sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force, instantly crushing his bones and organs and reducing him to a quivering blob of pink goo. Therefore, if Santa did exist, he’s dead now.

Dadie
24-Dec-10, 22:53
There is no science to Santa its all magic..the only type known to small children...full of wonder and awwhs and wow!
Ps santa can slow down and speed up time..it slows down as you are wrapping the pressies and speeds up when everyone wakes up and you think..I actually havent been in bed long enough to get to sleep!:D
Im off to put santa glitter footsteps in the hallway now!
Not sure if reindeer do tattie prints but I think it will be good enough this year!

octane
24-Dec-10, 22:57
Ur right...sorry

http://magicrob.com/Quickstart/ImageLib/MagicSanta_Gif.gif

sweetpea
25-Dec-10, 00:54
Has he reached Wick yet? Cna I open my pressies yet?

changilass
25-Dec-10, 01:00
you sure can sweetpea, hope you got lots of goodies